AMSTED Industries and Varlen Corp. Announce Merger
- For the record. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/24/99, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p38
Reports on developments related to economic conditions in and around Chicago, Illinois, as of May 24, 1999. Includes Amsted Industries Inc.'s bid to purchase Varlen Corp.; Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission's plan to review the proposed merger between area-based Ameritech Corp. and SBC...
- Supply Side. // Railway Age;Jul99, Vol. 200 Issue 7, p23
Presents an update on several railroad equipment companies as of July 1999. Purchase offer of Amsted Industries for Varlen company; Acquisitions of Railworks company; Business status of Johnstown America Corp.
- Industry Outlook. // Railway Age;Sep99, Vol. 200 Issue 9, p6
Presents news briefs on railroad industry in the United States as of September 1999. Merger agreement between Amsted Industries and Varlen Corp.; Purpose of the hearing to be conducted by the New York Metropolitan Transportation authority; Concession won by a consortium led by Pittsburgh-based...
- Rail supplier fights to get back on track. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on problems faced by Chicago, Illinois-based railcar parts supplier Amsted Industries Inc. Takeover of Varlen Corp. in May 1999; Firm's plan to close its American Steel Foundry facility; Optimism of company head Arthur W. Goetschel.
- Keystone Expands in Europe. // Railway Age;Sep99, Vol. 200 Issue 9, p28
Reports on a percentage of interest in the German company Bahntechnik Kaiserslautern GmbH, acquired by Varlen Corp.'s subsidiary Keystone Industries. Impact of the transaction on Keystone; Remarks from Keystone President George W. Hoffman.
- SWOT Analysis. // AMSTED Industries Incorporated SWOT Analysis;Apr2007, p5
A business analysis of Amsted Industries Inc. (Amsted), a privately-held, diversified manufacturer of products for the construction and building markets, vehicular and railroad industries is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the...
- SWOT Analysis. // AMSTED Industries Incorporated SWOT Analysis;Jun2007, p5
A business analysis of Amsted Industries Inc., a privately-held, diversified manufacturer of products for the construction and building markets, vehicular and railroad industries, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company....
- Amsted Faces Department of Justice Music. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p1
The article focuses on the antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) against privately held company Amsted Industries Inc. in relation to the company's acquisition of FM Industries from Progress Rail Services Holding Corp. Amsted acquired FM Industries on December 1, 2005,...
- Surprisingly strong truck production propels Varlen. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;06/23/97, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p12
Reports that Varlen Corporation has suprised Wall Street by coming through with record results for the first quarter of 1997. Prediction of a fall in heavy-duty truck production; Comments from Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Richard L. Wellek.