- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p130
Features several fire vehicles used by different fire departments for fire fighting in the U.S. Design of the RESCUE 1 unit vehicle of Hastings Fire Rescue; Use of Marion Body in the Grisworld Fire Department; Description of the Pierce platform quint owned by the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department.
- SPECIAL ORDER. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p62
Discusses specifications of vehicles used in fire departments. Advantages of utility vehicles; Mobile rehabilitation units; Foam tenders that can provide sustained flows of foam; Mobile-ventilation units.
- Marshalled Forces. Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
Reports on Ohio's statewide fire-rescue response plan and its acquisition of a major incident response vehicle. Interoperability options; Compilation of list of investigative equipment; Interoperable radio communications issue; Donations to the project.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p150
The article offers information on several fire equipment used in different fire stations in the U.S. It states that the Oxford Fire Engineered Monitoring System (EMS) Department has replaced its pumper with the Smeal quint truck. It says that E.J. Metals are used at the Coalinga Fire Department,...
- NFPA working on updating two standards. Van Meter, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p29
The article reports that National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), which develops, publishes and distributes consensus codes and standards aimed at minimizing the potential and the effects of fire and other risks, is updating two standards. Included standards are NFPA 1901: Standard for...
- Variability of sprinkler response time index and conduction factor using the plunge test. Tsui, A.; Spearpoint, M. J. // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p163
In order to predict sprinkler activation time, the response time index (RTI) and the conduction factor (C factor) may be required. This paper describes the use of a wind tunnel to determine both quantities for different types of sprinklers and to identify appropriate distributions for RTI values...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p143
Features fire prevention equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. American LaFrance's Liberty Series pumpers, tankers, rescue pumpers and brush trucks; Smoke alarms from Kidde Wireless System; R-O-M Corp.'s horizontal shutter; ZT Nozzle Grip from Akron Brass;...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p92
Features fire trucks delivered to fire departments in the U.S. recent as of September 2004. Ladder units; Rescue pumpers; Rear-mount pumpers.
- Smart Specs. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p114
The article presents information about aerial platforms that are used in firefighting. Canmore Fire Rescue in Alberta took delivery of an E-ONE truck with a Bronto 100-foot articulating boom platform. The fly boom and platform fold hack under the main boom in the travel position to reduce the...