Golden Milestone is a True Fairy Tale
- FIREFIGHTERS HONORED 40 YEARS AFTER BRIDGE FIRE. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/12/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p36
The article reports on the event hosted by the Walkaway Over the Hudson organization on May 8, 2014 at the East Overlook of Walkaway Over the Hudson State Park in New York to honor emergency response squads in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge fire.
- Bilingual / Spanish / Espanol Fire Training Videos. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;9/20/2011, p4
The article offers information on the bilingual videos of fire prevention training from "Fire Chief Exclusive Insight."
- Letters to the Editor. Mason, Jim; Bastian, Jonathan F.; Laing, Paul; Marino, Amber R. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p50
Presents letters to the editor related to firefighters in the United States. Use of a thermal imaging camera for reducing overhaul damage, unnecessary overhaul work and the risk of a rekindle; Fire prevention programs focusing on fire safety for the young and children.
- 50 YEARS WITH FIRE CHIEF. // Fire Chief;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p55
The article offers information regarding the history of the journal "Fire Chief." In 1956 to 1965, the journal's predecessor "The Volunteer Firefighter" starts publication as a monthly magazine. The first issue of the journal as "Fire Chief" started in 1967 with Bill Randleman as its editor. In...
- Firefighter! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p1
Offers information on how firefighters stay safe and provides fire safety tips for families.
- The Firefighter's Toolbox. Savedge, Jennifer // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Presents information on the firefighter's toolbox.
- The fire that didn't have to burn... Drennan, Vina // Redbook;Feb97, Vol. 188 Issue 4, p70
Presents a narration on carelessness and fire accident which killed a firefighter. Author's suggestion for state legislatures to look at the laws for criminal negligence with regard to fire; Need for people to educate themselves about the basics of fire safety; Why fire safety is taken much...
- Untitled. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
A photograph is presented which depicts Hampshire, England's vehicle extrication and trauma care team at the World Rescue Challenge held in Barcelona, Spain.
- Operations in heavy protected homes. McCormack, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p63
Discusses problems encountered by firefighters in responding a heavily secured home. Suggestions on how firefighters deal with the problems; Best defense against civilian and firefighter entrapment; Needed measures to have successful outcome in a fire operation; Tactics in removing bars from...