Like Fire Service, Law Marches On
- New Legislation Pertaining to Workplace Safety: What You Need to Know. Luker, Karen // CASLPO Today;Nov2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the new legislation in Canada pertaining to workplace safety set under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). The new requirements showed the need for employers to protect workers against violent acts and threats and to create an environment wherein workers feel...
- Workplace fatalities. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr97, p13
Reports on the decline in the number of workplace fatalities in the United States. Change in composition of fatalities; Occupations with a high incidence of workplace deaths in 1995; Data on workplace fatalities by event or exposure and by occupation.
- Why Focus on Employee Safety and Health? Gendron, David // BusinessWest;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p71
Focuses on the responsibility of employers to ensure a safe and healthy environment for the employees. Use of the short-term approach to safety; Description of industrial safety management; Benefits of safety management.
- Caught red handed! Williams, Rhys // Metalworking Production;Nov2001, Vol. 145 Issue 11, p45
Deals with work-related illnesses that can affect productivity. Efforts of coolant manufacturers to minimize work-related illnesses; Risk phrases that should be taken into consideration in terms of health and safety; How Rhenus Lub has solved problems with harmful materials by developing...
- Response from the Z117 Committee. // Professional Safety;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p74
Reports on the call to improve the Z117 confined space rescue response times standard. Management of injuries and fatalities resulting from confined space incidents.
- Health and safety standards reviewed. // Accountancy;Nov82, Vol. 93 Issue 1071, p6
Reports that the Great Britain-based Health and Safety Commission has reviewed the country's workplace health and safety standards as of November 1982. Provisions of the workplace safety standards.
- DESIGN OF MEASUREMENT STRATEGIES FOR WORKPLACE EXPOSURES. Kromhout, Hans // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;May2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p349
Focuses on the measurement methods for workplace hazard exposure. Importance of measuring hazard exposures; List of measurement strategies; Efficiency of the measurement strategies.
- Inspection concerns raised. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that senior academics of Great Britain universities have voiced their concern regarding the government's decision to withdraw of routine health and safety inspections and the undermining of health and safety law enforcement.
- What to buy? Look here. Villano // Editor & Publisher;11/06/99, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p30
Features a variety of products that may be used to comply with workplace safety standards. Voice recognition software; Chairs; Tables; Mice; Wrist rests.