White Paper Addresses Smoke Alarm Gap
- Denis Onieal is new NFA superintendent. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p34
Reports on Denis G. Onieal's appointment as superintendent of the National Fire Academy (NFA) in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Career at the Jersey City Fire Department; Onieal's reflection on his responsibilities at the NFA; Educational background.
- Building model enhances NFA training program. // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the addition of a model of an office and apartment complex demonstrating how a building's mechanical systems can affect smoke distribution at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Features of the model; Total cost of the model; Advantages offered by the model.
- Why Did You Become a Fire Chief? Coleman, Ronny // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/9/2012, p1
The author reflects on becoming a fire chief. He recounts a conversation with Doctor Denis Onieal, superintendent of the National Fire Academy, about professionalism and the decision to become a fire chief. The author asserts that a very few people actually start a fire-service career with the...
- The National Fire Academy and the future. Manno, Anthony D. // Fire Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p169
Features the National Fire Academy (NFA) at Emmitsburg, Maryland. Objectives; Reluctance to be involved in hands-on fire training activities in the United States; Relationship between the NFA and states with strong fire training activities; Issues affecting fire career and volunteer organizations.
- NFA announces courses for volunteers. // Fire Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p28
Announces that the National Fire Academy (NFA) in Emmitsburg, Maryland is accepting applications for the February and March 1998 sessions of some Volunteer Incentive Program courses about fire fighting. Comments of Fred Windisch, Volunteer Incentive chief executive offices about the program;...
- `Under control' Reardon, John A. // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p111
Provides information on how fire fighters work during fire operations, as being taught in the National Fire Academy. Scene priorities in the Academy's `Incident Command Course'; Achieving early stabilization; Effects of staffing; Importance of the `Principle of Security,' during an offensive...
- The secret to attending the NFA. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep99, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p97
Offers information on courses taught at the National Fire Academy (NFA) in Emmitsburg, Maryland. NFA as an organization of the United States Fire Administration (USFA); Ability of all qualified fire service personnel to attend courses; High quality of education offered; Stipend provided by the...
- Off-campus courses. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p50
Summarizes off-campus courses related to firefighting offered by the United States Fire Administration's National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Trade courses; State firefighters' training; Hazardous materials courses; Terrorism courses; Degree programs.
- Top Honors. WILMOTH, JANET // Fire Chief;Oct2012, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p16
An interview with Denis Onieal, Superintendent of National Fire Academy is presented. When asked about the recent development at National Fire Academy, he refers to fire prevention programs. Onieal believes that training students within campus and online helps keep pace with the changing trend....