Structure Fires, Civilian Deaths Decline
- THE 2008 EDDIE AND OZZIE AWARD WINNERS. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Nov2008, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p32
The article announces the 2008 Eddie and Ozzie awards in various categories to several magazines including the Best Cover award to "On Earth," the Best Overall Design to "Winterthur Magazine" and the Best Table of Contents to "NFPA Journal."
- Get Fire Smart. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p3
The article outlines tips on preventing fires and burns.
- The Five-Minute Fire. Solomon, John // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p88
This article describes how to make a fire quickly in the event of an accident.
- Fire In The Hole. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p12
Reports on a fire in the downtown sewers in Grand Rapids, Michigan in November 2002 which forced the evacuation of office buildings in the area. Areas affected by the fire; Cause of the fire.
- Carbecue! Morris, Paul; Glass, Charles // Skiing;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p62
Reports on the fire accident that happened at the Mountain Green Resort in Killington, Vermont in March 2000.
- Controlled burn gets out of hand. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/29/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p3A
The article reports that the fire incident that the northern Burnet County firefighthers were battling for several days which burned 150 acres started in a neighbor's property in the first day was controlled, but the shifting of wind direction caused the smoldering brush to reignite.
- Be vigilant in fire prevention. // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p4
The author discusses about fire hazards in Hay River, Northwest Territories and asks the residents to be take measure to prevent fire and be safe at home.
- What Will help in Case of Fire? // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Oct2005, Vol. 48, p4
A quiz for children concerning fires is presented.
- emergency, fire. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p750
An encyclopedia entry of the term "fire emergency," which refers to a situation in which fire may cause death or severe injury, is presented.