IAFC Announces Plan for Mutual Aid
- IAFC wants to help fire departments improve their public image. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/26/2013, p3
The article reports on the release of the document, titled "Taking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception," by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) as the result of the association's Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force.
- IAFC 'Go Teams' Provide Local Assists. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Aug2010, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the development of International Association of Fire Chiefs' Go Teams, a group of chief officers who are committed to provide assistance to local, state and federal authorities during a disaster.
- IAFC clarifies role in mutual-aid initiatives. // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p51
The article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs' National Fire Service Mutual Aid System (IMAS) and Mutual Aid System Task Force in the U.S. were developed to help the fire service support called the National Response Plan and implement concepts in the National Incident...
- Residential sprinkler boosters. // PHC Profit Report;12/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the International Association of Fire Chiefs's call to support residential fire sprinklers.
- Prepare Fire Leaders Before Their 5 Bugles. Bischoff, Glenn // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;9/29/2011, p5
An interview with Jack Parow, the former president of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is presented. He says that his goals at IAFC were to continue the job to change the association from a five chief's organization to more of a leadership organization. He mentions that the...
- IAFC Unveils Near-Miss Reporting Program Gap Plan. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;11/9/2012, p2
The article reports on the move of the board of directors of the International Association of Fire Chiefs to approve a management plan to keep the National Fire Fighter Near-Miss Reporting System online and operational through September 30, 2012. The Near-Miss Program Gap Plan, which was...
- The Future Takes Strategic Planning. Klapprich, Paul // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p50
The article reports on the 2006 Strategic Planning Session hosted by the Great Lakes Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) from October 26 to 29, 2006. The Great Lakes Board were represented by President Chief Kenn Taylor, Vice President Chief Hank Clemmenson, Chief...
- Meetings Net Nightclub, Senior Strategies. // Fire Chief;Feb2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on International Association of Fire Chiefs which has released reports offering national strategies to improve two especially deadly life-safety problems in the United States. These include health care facilities for the elderly, and nightclubs and other places of public...
- How to add documents to IAFC KnowledgeNet. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/20/2013, p3
The article details the process of adding documents to the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) KnowledgeNet Web site.