FIRE CHIEF Honors 50 at FRI
- Fire engineering. // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p79
Highlights the 120th anniversary of `Fire Engineering' magazine. Outstanding disasters happened during 1930-1939 period; Some of the topics covered in the editorial section of the publication; Several points to consider when selecting a volunteer chief in a fire department.
- Fire engineering. // Fire Engineering;Aug97, Vol. 150 Issue 8, p144
States that in celebration of Fire Engineering's 120 years of publication, the periodical highlighted fire incidents during the years 1940-1949. Influences of World War II on the fire service; Informations on catastrophes involving places of assembly; Hotel fires during the years. INSETS: A...
- Fire engineering: 120-year retrospective. // Fire Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p126
Highlights the decade 1960-1969 in celebration of Fire Engineering's 120 years of continuous publication. Operating procedure developed by the San Francisco Fire Department in 1969; Super Pumper System in New York Fire Department; Fire on Hartford Hospital in Connecticut which was reported on...
- Fire Engineering. // Fire Engineering;Jan1997, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p86
Focuses on the 120th-year anniversary of `Fire Engineering' magazine which is a celebration of the fire service. Publication of the `National Fireman's Journal' in 1877; Identification of the building and its contents as the enemy of firefighters; Evolution of the `Journal' and its emphasis on...
- FIRE CHIEF's Wilmoth to be Featured on Firefighter Storytellers. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/ 8/2011, p1
The article reports that Janet Wilmoth, editorial director of the periodical "Fire Chief," will be featured at the Firefighter Storytellers Internet radio show, hosted by Tiger Schmittendorf on February 9, 2011.
- Fire engineering: A 120-year retrospective. // Fire Engineering;Jun97, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p74
Presents an excerpt from the articles `Fire and Water Engineering' and `Fire Engineering (as of 1926).'
- Fire engineering: 120-year retrospective. // Fire Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p84
Presents an excerpt from the periodical `Fire Engineering.'
- The National Museum of Funeral History. // Director (NFDA Services, Inc.);Jul2015, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p77
The article discusses a Professional Car Society's 'Concours D'Elegance Show and Shine' car show hosted by the National Museum of Funeral History at Houston in June 2015, and includes details of a fire engine used during September 11, 2001 rescue efforts and funerals for fallen firefighters.
- VARIETY WISHES UPON A STAR. // Daily Variety;10/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 12, p19
Presents the star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame Friday to mark the 100th anniversary of the newspaper "Variety."