- Book sense picks up more publisher support, already claiming results. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p5
Reports that the American Booksellers Association has signed up book publishers Perseus Books Group and Houghton Mifflin Co. to participate in the Book Sense marketing campaign. Other book publishers that have already signed in or are planning to participate in the marketing campaign; Current...
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- Perseus, Nelson, Scholastic Tighten Belts in Rough Market. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the actions taken by several publishers, The Perseus Books Group, Thomas Nelson and Scholastic to address the challenges faced by the U.S. publishing industry as of February 17, 2003. Details of the title reorganization at the Perseus Books Group; Projected reduction in the...
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Houghton Mifflin Pursues Copyright Infringement in India. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the alleged copyright infringement of the India-based firms All India Publisher and Distributors and All India Traveler Bookseller on the college textbooks of Houghton Mifflin Co. Houghton Mifflin conducted an investigation regarding the alleged continued illegal printing...
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...
- New Hats in the Ring. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p21
Looks at the book publishers in the United States which are going to launch children's imprints in 2004. Graphia, a paperback imprint from Houghton Mifflin; Amulet Books, a line for middle-grade and young-adult readers that encompasses fiction and non-fiction, from Abrams Books for Young...
- HM Expecting Strong Third Qtr. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Houghton Miffflin's statement that it expects its third quarter performance to exceed expectations. Comments of Nader Darehshori, company chairman; Reasons for optimism; Company statistics and forecasting; Two additions to the board of directors.