Beacon Press Reports $5 Million in 2006; Poetry Performing Well
- Atwan headed for Beacon press? // Publishers Weekly;10/23/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the appointment of Helene Atwan as director of Beacon Press. Atwan as successor to Wendy Strotman; Career background.
- VeloPress Revenue Rises 9.8% in Fiscal 2006; Set for '07 Expansion. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of VeloPress for the fiscal year 2006. The publisher sees a favorable revenue for the year. Trade sales are expected to increase as the publisher continues to reach out of bike stores and into ordinary bookstores. According to Renee Jardine,...
- Beacon set for growth; new office space. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 45, p16
Focuses on the status of publisher Beacon Press as of the fall of 1997. Beacon's projected growth, according to director Helen Atwan; Number of hardcover and trade paperback titles published each year; Beacon to move into the former Boston, Massachusetts headquarters of Little, Brown.
- Morrison's strong results allow Sir Ken to leave on a high. // MarketWatch: Food;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
The article presents the financial performance of Morrison's in 2007. The company achieved a 6.3 percent increase in like-for-like sales, a 2.0 percent increase in basket size and a 2.6 percent increase in customer number. Morrison's also attained strong profits recovery with 66 percent increase...
- CVS enjoys 'good start to great marriage'. Alexander, Antoinette // Drug Store News;5/21/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses the financial performance after merger of CVS/Caremark Corp. previously CVS Corp. and Caremark Inc. in Rhode Island. According to the president and chief executive officer Tom Ryan of CVS/Caremark, he was pleased with the results from the first quarter due to sales...
- In Tough 2004, K-12 Publishers Eked Out Flat Revenue, Up 0.1%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the increase in textbooks and supplemental net sales of the K-12 publishers in the U.S. Result of the Florida math adoption and energetic purchasing in open territories; Generation of growth in supplemental sales; Improvement of the publisher's gloomy forecasts.
- Marvel Publishing Q3 Revenue Up 19% Behind Civil War Series. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Marvel Entertainment Inc. in New York for the third quarter of 2006. The company reported a high sale of trade paperback and hardcover books and a revenue of $30.9 million, 19% increase from the $25.8 million of the same period in the previous...
- Perennial Increases Revenue with "P.S." Program, Promoting New Fiction Authors. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of HarperPerennial in 2006. The company continues to see a boost in backlist sales while it also tries to promote new fiction writers as part of its frontlist. The success of the P.S. program has identified to contribute to the increase in the...
- Hachette Cements Its Place in the U.S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the business performance of the top trade houses in the U.S. The five largest trade houses in the U.S. generated total revenue of $4.44 billion in 2006. The major change in the ranking of the largest publishers was the addition of Hachette Livres, whose purchase of the...