Marvel Publishing Q3 Revenue Up 19% Behind Civil War Series
- Marvel profits soaring. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;2/25/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 38, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Marvel Entertainment Inc. during the fourth-quarter. It notes that the fourth-quarter profits of the company doubled to nearly $163 million because of the DVD release of "Iron Man." Furthermore, sales for Marvel's high-profile comicbook titles...
- Marvel and `Valiant'. // Editor & Publisher;1/21/95, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p36
Features a series of comic books based on the `Prince Valiant' newspaper strip being offered by Marvel Comics. King Features Syndicate as distributor of the `Prince Valiant' newspaper strip.
- SO LONG, NORTHSTAR, WE HARDLY KNEW YOU. McKinney, Kevin // Advocate;8/18/87, Issue 479, p31
Features Northstar, the first gay superhero featured in comic books published by Marvel Comics in the U.S. Background information on the comic-book character; Range of gay issues addressed by the comic book that featured Northstar; Implications on the gay population.
- GREAT MOMENTS IN HERO-WORSHIP. Seligman, Daniel; de Llosa, Patty // Fortune;6/13/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p152
Cites a news report from the "Cleveland Plain Dealer" which reports that Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. has agreed to stop depicting its superheroes as smokers. Example of comic book hero Nick Fury.
- Comic books that only fans wish to read. Rotfeld, Herb // Marketing News;11/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p6
The article comments on the financial crisis faced by the comic book industry in the U.S. Many comic lose money and are financially propped up by publishers in the hopes of selling characters to Hollywood. In order reorganized, the New York-based Marvel Entertainment Group filed Chapter 11...
- Comic book Barbie. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;1/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p40
Reports that Marvel Entertainment has licensed Mattel's Barbie doll to appear in a comic book series. Titles of the first two issues of the comic book featuring Barbie; Television campaign for the Barbie comics; Circulation of Marvel Comics.
- MARVEL RIDES FILM UNIT TO 75% SALES GROWTH WITH HOME VIDEO A WINNER. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;5/11/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the net sales posted by comic book company Marvel Entertainment for fiscal year 2009. The company reported a total of $197 million in net sales for the year ended March 31, an increase of 75% from the previous year. The increase is attributed to the company's new film unit...
- Marvel Heroes Breakout DVD Game. Riegler, Ben // School Library Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p72
The article reviews the DVD-video and card game "Marvel Heroes Breakout DVD Game."
- Lethem Dons Superhero Cape. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the plans of novelist Jonathan Lethem to revive the superhero comics "Omega the Unknown." Background on the deal of Lethem with Marvel; Information on the comic series; Other novelists working on several novels.