Lack of Bestsellers, Narnia Run-Up Causes HarperCollins Q1 Drop
- Harper Ekes Out a Gain. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on the increase in sales and operating income posted by HarperCollins in the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008. Company sales rose 18.6% while operating income increased 33% during the said period. Earnings inched up to $160 million from $159 million. Despite the gains, the...
- With 35% Increase, HarperCollins' Revenues Passed $1 Billion In 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins for the year ended June 30, 2000.
- Newly merged HarperCollins posts hike in revenues, operating profit. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the financial performance of publisher HarperCollins for the quarter ended September 30, 1999. Increase in revenues and operating profit following company's acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Cost-cutting measures of the company.
- HC doubled second quarter profits, as revenues increased by a third. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. in the quarter ending December 31, 1999. Operating profits; Acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Sales of children's books.
- Sales, Earnings Rebound At HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p10
Deals with the profit growth posted by HarperCollins (HC) in the second quarter ended December 31, 2001. Book successes of HC; Company segments which contributed to the profit growth; Changes made in the management of HC Canada.
- The Good and the Bad of The Second Half of 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the book industry in the second half of 2008 in the U.S. It reveals that publishing companies have recorded a decline in profit in the said period brought by the impact of the recession. Information on the financial performance of several...
- HarperCollins' Earnings Rise; Zondervan Provides Purpose-Driven Boost. // Book Publishing Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the revenue growth of New York-based HarperCollins Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year 2004 in the U.S. Sales performance of â€œThe Purpose Driven Life,â€ written by Rick Warren; Financial performance of HarperCollins Australia; Chart depicting HarperCollins revenues for...
- HarperCollins Revenues Up 5% In First Quarter, Sets Sights On Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p1
The article presents information about the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc., a part of News Corp. Ltd., for the first quarter of 2004, which ended on September 30, 2004. The company reported a 4.8% growth in its revenues, rising from $347 million in the first quarter of...
- HarperCollins Revenue Up 10.6% In Q2; Snicket Series Leads. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. for the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Increase in revenues and operating income; Top selling books published by the company; Statement of company CEO Jane Friedman regarding the biggest seller in the adult market;...