Lack of Bestsellers, Narnia Run-Up Causes HarperCollins Q1 Drop
- Harper Ekes Out a Gain. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on the increase in sales and operating income posted by HarperCollins in the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008. Company sales rose 18.6% while operating income increased 33% during the said period. Earnings inched up to $160 million from $159 million. Despite the gains, the...
- With 35% Increase, HarperCollins' Revenues Passed $1 Billion In 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins for the year ended June 30, 2000.
- Newly merged HarperCollins posts hike in revenues, operating profit. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the financial performance of publisher HarperCollins for the quarter ended September 30, 1999. Increase in revenues and operating profit following company's acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Cost-cutting measures of the company.
- HC doubled second quarter profits, as revenues increased by a third. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. in the quarter ending December 31, 1999. Operating profits; Acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Sales of children's books.
- Sales, Earnings Rebound At HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p10
Deals with the profit growth posted by HarperCollins (HC) in the second quarter ended December 31, 2001. Book successes of HC; Company segments which contributed to the profit growth; Changes made in the management of HC Canada.
- HarperCollins' Earnings Rise; Zondervan Provides Purpose-Driven Boost. // Book Publishing Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the revenue growth of New York-based HarperCollins Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year 2004 in the U.S. Sales performance of â€œThe Purpose Driven Life,â€ written by Rick Warren; Financial performance of HarperCollins Australia; Chart depicting HarperCollins revenues for...
- Harper Heading Back Up. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the 11% sales increase to 1.27 billion U.S. dollars posted by HarperCollins in fiscal 2010. Accordingly, the company posted profits of 88 million U.S. dollars from 17 million U.S. dollars from the same quarter in 2009. Company president Brian Murray reportedly attributed...
- HarperCollins Breaks Q3 Slump; Religion Category Still Shaky. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the increase in the revenue and operating profit of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. for the third quarter of 2007. During the period, the publisher's revenue rose by 5.8% and its operating profit grew by 11.5% compared to 2006. However, the author warns that the positive...
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...