IN THIS WEEK
- Atochem targets $300-million investment. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/28/1996 Supplement China, Vol. 158 Issue 33, pS16
Reports on Elf Atochem's chemical investment in China. Previous venture with Nanjing Light Industry in 1987; Formation of plastics additives venture in 1993 with Beijing Chemical Industry Group; Plans for a hydrofluoroalkenes unit at Changsu.
- Elf Atochem Plans Alliance in Poland. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 15, p17
Details the plan of Atochem to invest in several Polish petrochemical projects. Information on the negotiation of Atochem with Petrochemia Plock and its petrochemical complex; Chemicals to be produced by the plant developed by the company at Gdansk; Cost savings targeted by the company;...
- Elf Atchem bent on U.S. specialties. Mullin, Rick; Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/23/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 16, p28
Provides information on the start of production of Elf Atochem company's hydrofluorocarbon facility in Calvert, Kentucky. Comments by Atochem chairman Jacques Puechal on the plants start of production; Why Calvert plant is experiencing transition; Atochem's other investments in the United States.
- Elf shifts R&D center. // Chemical Week;6/11/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the relocation of Elf Atochem company's Buffalo, New York research and development (R&D) center at King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Functions of the technical center; Number of employees involved in the relocation.
- Atochem Bromine move. // Chemical Week;11/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 43, p32
Discusses the budget of Elf Atochem SA for the production conversion of its France bromine chemicals unit into alkyl bromides. Other conversion plans of the company for its chemical plants.
- Elf Atochem eyes central Europe for PE. // Chemical Week;10/8/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 38, p8
Discusses Elf Atochem company's possible site contenders for a polyethylene (PE) plant. How Central Europe is one of the possible location for the PE plant; Other site contenders for the plant.
- Atochem eyes top-three slot following Air Liquide buyout. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p17
Looks at the plans of Elf Atochem company to become the third top producer of hydrogen peroxide. Acquisition of Air Liquide's hydrogen peroxide production; Priority of Atochem in improving profitability; Interest of Atochem in buying DuPont's plant in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Acrolein venture to proceed. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/23/97, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p3
Details the plan of Societe Bearnaise de Synthese, a joint venture between Elf Atochem SA and Produits Chimiques Auxiliaries et de Synthese, to produce fine chemicals based on acrolein.
- Elf Atochem builds ethylene pipeline, continues portfolio... Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p20
Focuses on the implication of an investment made by Elf Atochem in an ethylene pipeline in France. Elf Atochem's goal; Information on the base chemicals consolidation program; Elf Atochem's strategy for specialties.