How to run a team-building day
- A Multiple-Goal, Multilevel Model of Feedback Effects on the Regulation of Individual and Team Performance. DeShon, Richard P.; Kozlowski, Steve W. J.; Schmidt, Aaron M.; Milner, Karen R.; Wiechmann, Darin // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec2004, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p1035
When working as a member of a team, individuals must make decisions concerning the allocation of resources (e.g., effort) toward individual goals and team goals. As a result, individual and team goals, and feedback related to progress toward these goals, should be potent levers for affecting...
- Untitled. // ManagerZine;Fall2002, Issue 2, pN.PAG
Discusses issues about personnel management. List of employee behavior problems that annoy managers; Importance of managers' feedback; Analysis of a conflict which occurred after reorganization of a work team. INSET: Descent to Conflict.
- Give Useful Feedback. // TeamWork;Sep2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p5
The article offers suggestions to give effective advice to teammates including feedback should not be surprising to teammates, making them aware of the severity of problem and being honest in giving feedback to them.
- How to Give Feedback to Someone Who Gets Crazy Defensive. Weeks, Holly // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;8/12/2015, p2
In the article, the author offers tips in people management, particularly how to effectively give a feedback to a team member who is sure to take it badly, including speaking with clear content, with a neutral tone, and with temperate phrasing.
- How To Get A Word In Edgewise. // TeamWork;Jul2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article suggests techniques that would help in providing equal opportunities to all work team members to voice their opinions on the ideas suggested by their team mates. Comments on setting an egg timer to allow each member to speak for a fixed duration while voicing their views or during...
- Teams: The Way We Work. Phillips-Donaldson, Debbie // Quality Progress;Jun2003, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p6
Comments on the conceptual value of team-building in the workplace in the U.S. Improvement of the journal American Society for Quality's electronic content; Emphasis on the changes of the magazine's web site; Importance of feedback in shaping the content.
- ASK THE advisers. // Focus: Teams;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p11
The article presents a question and answer related to resolving a conflict between corporate teams and clients.
- When two stars collide, beware of epic brawls. // Managing People at Work;Feb2010, Issue 335, p8
The article discusses the importance of shared goal and defined roles in the business in order to encourage teamwork and reduce conflict among the top performers.
- Sources Of Sales Team Conflicts Under Study. Higgins, Barry // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/8/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p12
Focuses on the role of conflict resolution in building sales teams. Comparison between organizational-directed from self-directed teams; Assessment of the degree of conflict that occurs in relation to how team was built; Relevance of identifying the tasks and goals for the team.