New technology put to the test
- LSB Industries Completes Anhydrous Ammonia Expansion. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p29
The article presents information related to the expansion of anhydrous ammonia production capacity by the manufacturing company LSB Industries at its facility in Pryor, Oklahoma.
- LSB Resumes Production, Updates Plant's Status after Explosion. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;7/16/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 19, p22
The article reports that chemical industry company LSB Industries has resumed production of nitric acid and ammonium nitrate at its plant in El Dorado, Arkansas following a May 2012 accident that significantly damaged the plant.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;1/18/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p7
The article offers news briefs related to business and finance in the chemical industry in the U.S. as of January 18, 2006. Amvac Chemical has signed a multi-year marketing and distribution licensing deal with Dow AgroSciences. LSB Industries will resume production at its Cherokee, Alabama...
- Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/22/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p3
Covers updates on the chemical industry as of April 2002. Net income posted by Hunstman Corp.; Corporate divestiture plans of Bayer Group and Vita Invest SA; Force majeure declared by LSB Industries Inc.
- Natural Gas Hurts Ammonia. // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p33
The article reports on the role of high natural gas prices in the suspension of ammonia production at Terra Industries and LSB Industries in the U.S., as of January 4, 2006. The companies say they will resume operations when natural gas prices fall to a level that will allow them to operate the...
- MARKETS: CHEMICAL COMMODITIES MONTHLY. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/28/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p14
Presents information on the market prices of major chemicals. Feedstocks; Ethylene; Styrene; Ammonia; Glycerine.
- New Materials for Hydrogen Storage Identified. // Flow Control;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the new materials that can store large quantities of hydrogen within its crystal structure for later release. Researcher Hui Wu investigated the new hydrogen storage compound that mixes lithium amide with lightweight metal hydrides. His study shows that the combination of...
- China to focus on scale and tech. YU, LYDIA; SUN, AMY; ZHOU, JEAN; LI, ALIAN // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 9, p15
The article informs that China is planning to boost the chemical business under the 12th Five-Year Plan for petrochemical industry by optimizing refinery operaions, increase refining capacities and constructing larger crackers. It has been informed that the government is also planning to...
- GCC set to be massive. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p13
The article predicts the growth of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region as a petrochemical producer. The Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry expects that the region will become one of the largest petrochemical producers in the next few years, boosted by ample feedstock and technological...