Waste recovery booming
- True Recycling of Scrap Paint and Powder. Biller, Kevin // Finishing Today;Dec2006, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p25
The article offers information about the recycling process that converts scrap powder coating into renewable raw material resource. Recycling process is similar to the process that coverts crude oil into various light hydrocarbons. The two processes only differs on the conditions and reactor...
- Reprocessing technology of composite plastic scrap and properties of materials from recycled plastics. Kersa, Jaan; Kulu, Priit; Goljandin, Dimitri; Mikli, Valdek // Estonian Journal of Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p105
This study had two aims: to develop prospective techniques for recycling of composite plastic scrap and to find potential application areas for secondary raw materials. The method of collision was selected to treat composite plastic wastes, using a disintegrator mill. In our experiments, the...
- Integrating a State Owned Waste Recycling Facility and Neighbourhood Participation for Sustainable Management. Hammed, Taiwo Babatunde; Sridhar, M. K. C.; Olaseha, I. O.; Oloruntoba, E. O.; Ana, G. R. E. E. // International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p11
In order to tackle the problem posed by solid wastes (SWs) in Ibadan, an integrated solid waste recycling facility was built in 2004 by the Oyo State government at Orita-Aperin without prior information on SW generated in the area. This study was designed to assess the SWs generated in the area,...
- Recycling Managers Target Electronics. Caylor, Peggy // World Wastes;Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the findings of the survey `1998 State Recycling Laws Update (SRLU) Year-end Edition,' conducted by Raymond Communications Inc. Views of state recycling managers in the United States, on ways to increase recycling; Opinions on landfill bans; Landfill diversion rate in various states;...
- German project reconverts a sanitary landfill. Rettenberger, G.; Urban-Kiss, S. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p44
Describes a pilot-scale reconversion project for sanitary landfills in Stuttgart, Germany. Technical and economic feasibility of recycling project; Identification of measures to protect workers and neighboring land uses; Classification and fractionation of excavated waste in an automated...
- CITY OFFICIALS PLAN TO REACH 75 PERCENT RECYCLING BY 2010. // BioCycle;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p21
Investigates the passage of a legislation by the Board of Supervisors to raise the recycling rate in San Francisco, California. Transport of food scraps to composting facilities; Separation of waste materials; Creation of landfills.
- BIOCYCLE WORLD. // BioCycle;Jun2003, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p6
Presents news concerning the organic recycling industry as of June 2003. European Union sanitary landfill directive; Reduction of the discharge of pollutants to protect water quality; Launch of a landfill diversion program.
- Recycling innovation proliferates in Bay area. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the recycling innovations in Tampa Bay, Florida. Insights on using computers, yard waste and dormitory furniture as recyclable; Impact of recycling on landfill scarcity; Advantages of recycling solid waste materials.
- Trash Talk. Olney, Maeve // New Moon;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the importance of recycling programs in reducing the trash in landfills.