PETROCHEMICALS MAKE THE MOST OF SUMMER
- FERTILISER MARKET REPORT. Chesher, Roger // Farmers Weekly;3/14/2008, p21
The article reports fertiliser prices have yet again risen across the board in Great Britain, despite assertions that the cost in the 2008 farming season had peaked. But demand, while steady, is beginning to slow down. Domestic sales are estimated to be 400,000 tons ahead of last season. The...
- Beef prices highest since 1987; no relief in sight. BLANEY, BETSY // Farm & Dairy;4/17/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 30, pA34
The article reports that the average retail price of fresh beef has increased to $5.28 a pound in February 2014, the highest of which since 1987, due to growing export demand from Japan and China and the decreasing number of cattle.
- No sales impact seen from rising milk prices yet. Stone, Tracie // New Hampshire Business Review;7/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the lack of impact of the increase of milk prices on sales in New Hampshire. According to Janie Clark, manager of Harvest Market in Bedford, the price increase is not yet enough to make a difference in their milk sales. The shortage of milk was attributed to the increased...
- Market WATCH. // Circuits Assembly;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p16
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. electronics equipment market. According to the Consumers Electronics Association, sales of in-vehicle consumer electronics will grow in 2008. Prices of smaller-sized small/medium displays has increased as a result of strong demand, according to an...
- Dwindling Herds, Overseas Demand Drive Up Beef Prices. // Beef Expert Blog;2/6/2012, p7
The article reports on the record high prices for beef which analyst predict could climb five to eight percent higher due to shrinking herds but increasing demand from overseas markets.
- The half-trillion GCC treasure trove coming your way. O'Sullivan, Edmund // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/3/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p56
This article forecasts on oil prices in the Middle East for 2006 onwards. Economists say the oil price will probably only rise by about 10 per cent in 2006 after gaining more than one third in each of the last two years. The experts also agree that oil demand will flatten but not fall. The...
- Avocado fans face higher prices as global demand keeps rising. Perkins, Carina // Grocer;10/31/2015, p39
The article warns about the possible increase in prices of avocado in Great Britain in 2015 as global demand continues to rise.
- Polished Diamond Prices: Up 1% in June. Golan, Edahn // IDEX Magazine;Aug2013, Issue 280, p74
The article discusses the increase of the prices of polished diamond by one percent in June 2013. Topics include the growth of the retail demand for polished jewelry and diamonds driven by the good demand jewelry in the U.S. in the first half of the year, the continued interest of consumers in...
- Europe PE, PP prices slip on monomer contracts. NAYLOR, LINDA // ICIS Chemical Business;4/8/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on the prices of the polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in Europe in relation with monomer contracts. It says that the ethylene monomer contract of PE and PP have diminished by â‚¬60/tonne in April 2013. It states that the price of PP has increased by almost...