PBT faces margin squeeze
- PET Increase Appears Stalled. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the dispute between the buyers and producers of polyethylene terephthalate over price increase in the market in the U.S.
- Asian PET prices move higher on rising feedstock. // Chemical Business;Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p72
The article reports on the increase of Asian polyethylene terephthalate (PET) prices due to the surge of feedstock spot offers.
- PET. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p47
The article offers general information on the uses, supply-demand and the technology of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It comes in both amorphous and a semi-crystalline thermoplastic form. Demand for PET has been strong in the North American market for October 2010. PET is made from...
- Prices up for PP, PS, PET. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
The article reports that prices of polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) have rebounded at the end of 2009. It informs that PP prices are up an average of 4 cents per pound since December 1, 2009 bringing the total November-December 2009 increase on that...
- E.U. Raw Materials. // Nonwovens Markets;8/25/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the price increase of raw materials such as Polypropylene resin (PP) and the Polyethylene Terephthalate resin (PET) in Europe. The PP prices dipped to â‚¬ 1.01-1.06 per kilogram in July 2006 and by early August 2006, it was sold for â‚¬ 1.17-1.22 per kilogram....
- POLYMERS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p18
The article presents news briefs on the polymer industry, including those on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) price increases, acrylo-nitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) prices, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) price increases in Asia.
- PET prices down in Europe and up in the US. MIRASOL, FELIZA; MURRAY, CAROLINE; WEATHERLAKE, SAMUEL // ICIS Chemical Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 17, p23
The article reports on the fall in the prices for European polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and rise in the U.S. PET prices. The prices fell in Europe due to weaker feedstocks and competitive pressure. A raw material-based drop of 112 dollars/tonne in the month of May 2011 has been proposed by a...
- PET Producers Seek a 5 Cent Price Increase, High Energy and Raw Materials Costs Cited. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/22/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the price increase asked by the polyester terephthalate (PET) producers in the U.S. Growth in the market for PET; Factors contributing to the possible price increase; Forecast of Edgar Acosta, a polyester manager at DeWitt & Co. for the prices.
- PET prices set to climb on higher feedstocks, struggles over margins. // Chemical Business;Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p74
The article reports on the possible increase in prices for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) as producers struggle to achieve acceptable margins as prices of feedstock rise.