- Sasol completes acetic plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/07/97, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p3
Reports that Sasol Chemical Industries Ltd. division Sasol Solvents has commissioned a plant to extract and purify acetic acid and propionic acid at Secundas, South Africa.
- Sasol considering India for CTL plant. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p27
This article reports on a plan by managers at Sasol to visit India as part of the its plans to develop its coal-to-liquids (CTL) synfuel operations overseas. The company, which operates the biggest CTL plant in the world is eyeing India and also the U.S. as the next potential markets for its CTL...
- Sasol studies paraffins cracker. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/18/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 14, p22
Reports that Sasol is studying the possible use of light paraffins as a future feedstock for ethylene production. Possible increase in ethylene capacity; Company's plan to build aromatics capacity.
- Sasol completes MIBK. // Chemical Week;2/14/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the commencement of operation of Sasol Chemical Industries Ltd.'s methyl isobutyl ketone plant in Sasolburg, South Africa.
- Turning coal into synthetic fuels. // Chemical Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Comments on South African chemical company SASOL's conversion of coal into synthetic fuels. Sale of chemical by-products from oil making process; SASOL's other business concerns; Advantages of SASOL over its competitors in the international chemical market.
- Sasol seeking to fund a petrochemical plant in Louisiana costing as much as US$ 7 billion. // World Energy News;9/20/2013, p17
The article reports that Sasol Chemical Industries Ltd. is looking for funds for a petrochemical plant in Louisiana costing as much as 7 billion dollar.
- Sasol builds octene plant to supply Dow. // Chemical Week;5/21/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the building of octene plant by Sasol company to supply Dow Chemicals company with octene-1. Expenditure of Sasol in the building of the plant at Secunda, South Africa; Schedule of completion of the plant.
- Sasol inaugurates plant, plans major expansion. Alperowicz, Natashas // Chemical Week;11/16/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 19, p19
Reports on Sasol's inauguration of its alpha-olefins plant at Secunda. First stage of company's thrust into linear alpha-olefins business; Increased demand for decene used in producing lubricants; Growth in hexene alpha-olefins market.
- Sasol considers world-scale methanol as part of chemicals expansion. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/16/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 19, p23
Reports on Sasol's investigation of a world-scale methanol plant as part of its program to recover additional chemicals from the synthol process. Views of Sasol executive director Andre du Toit; Other expansion plans by Sasol.