Producers: nylon is buoyant
- Resin to Live. // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug2005, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p22
Introduces the Sufix Siege and Elite monofilaments from Sufix North America.
- New fiber products on Domotex 2012. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2012, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p6
The article describes briefly the nylon 66 1000- and 1300-dtex radigreen polyamide and polyolefin artificial grass yarns launched by Bergamo, Italy-based RadiciGroup at the 2012 Domotex trade show held in Hanover, Germany on January 14 to 17.
- Successful Capacity Expansion of Nylon 610 Chips in Shenma. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p11
Reports on the successful capacity expansion of nylon 610 chips in Shenma Nylon Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd. in China. Comparison between nylon 66 and 610; List of major PA610 chip producers in the country; Profile of the company.
- Nylon 6 and Nylon 66: How Different Are They? Moore, Ronald A. F. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Feb89, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
This paper focuses on identifying differences in the performance characteristics of nylon 6 and nylon 66, distinguishing polymer properties from properties engineered during fiber processing. Changing the draw ratio and heat setting conditions have more effect on fiber properties than do...
- nyÂ·lon. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p242
A definition of the term "nylon" is presented. It refers to any of various very strong, elastic, artificial resins. Nylon can be formed into fibers, sheets, or bristles, and is used to make fabrics and plastics.
- Nylon Trying to Be a Starter, Next to Denim and Twill. Dodd, Annmarie // DNR: Daily News Record;10/12/98, Vol. 28 Issue 121, p18
The article explores the nylon-bottom trend for in the U.S. It is stated that nylon fabrics are popular as they create a courtside look and they appear perfect near the dawn of 2000. It is considered that the trend connects the love of young men for activewear and their attachment to casual...
- On strain localization in the high rate extension of nylon fibers. Godfrey, T. A. // Journal of Materials Science;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p4365
A simple analytical model for the adiabatic high strain rate extension of synthetic textile fibers is presented. The model suggests that, for fibers with particular thermo-mechanical and constitutive properties, initial nominally uniform strain distributions along the fiber will tend to become...
- Nylon industry in India. Kansal, Umesh // Chemical Business;Jan/Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the nylon industry in India in 2004. History of the industry in the country; Information on the Exim policy; Factors that support the growth of the industry.
- Rehabilitation Performance Studies of Burn Pressure Garments with Antimicrobial Triclosan Chemical Agents. Varan, Nilufer Y.; King, Martin W.; Hauser, Peter J. // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2013, p249
It is aimed to progress the healing characteristics and to increase the effectiveness and functions of pressure garments to burn scar treatments by providing infection protection. In this study, three different highly elastane nylon/spandex warp and weft knitted fabrics, used for burn pressure...