Rags to riches, made in Taiwan
- Formosa's Wang, management 'god'. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;10/27/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p14
The article presents an obituary for Wang Yung Ching, chairman of Formosa Plastics Group.
- Replacing the Name On the Agency Door. Baar, Aaron // Adweek;1/16/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p6
The article presents information on the succession plans of business people. At 52, Howard Draft believes he's too young to be thinking about retirement. Still, the CEO of Draft last week tapped Laurence Boschetto to become president and chief operating officer of the global network. Some of the...
- Formosa fades. // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p47
Reports on Formosa's decision to cancel its plans to construct a second greenfield steam cracker at its Point Comfort, Texas-based complex.
- Asian naphtha falls after Taiwan Formosa plant fire. LOO, FELICIA; MARTIN, SHEENA; Pitches, Jo; Dillon, Tony // ICIS Chemical Business;5/23/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 18, p24
The article presents forecasts for prices of naphtha in Asia, after a fire at the production facility of Formosa Petrochemical Corp. in Mailiao, Taiwan on May 12, 2011.
- Executive Bonus Plans Can Meet Many Needs. Radloff, Peter A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/14/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p18
Discusses executive bonus plans that use a life insurance policy, which satisfies the requirements of small businesses for succession planning and retirement income. Case of an entrepreneur couple married to each other, having five employees and contemplating retirement; Retention of top...
- Equity partnerships. STROM, CHERYL // Smart Business Cleveland;Apr2014, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The author discusses issues on succession planning. She states that entrepreneurs often put succession planning on hold because it warrants major changes in the company. She also shares the do's and don'ts in planning ownership changes such as not waiting for retirement, selling a portion of...
- Formosa Petrochemical Appoints Ex-CPC Boss as Chairman. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;9/19/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 23, p17
The article announces the appointment of Chen Baolang as chairman of Formosa Petrochemical.
- Formosa closes cracker in Taiwan. LING, ONG SHEAU; HWEE, PEH SOO // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 21, p15
According to the article, maintenance shutdowns of other plants in the industry and poor demand have forced operating cuts at Formosa Petrochemical Corp. and the May 2012 temporary closure of a cracker.
- Formosa shutdowns cut Asian naphtha prices. LOO, FELICIA; PITCHES, JO // ICIS Chemical Business;6/6/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 20, p25
The article reports that naphtha prices in Asia continue to decline on reduced demand from the region's top spot buyer, Taiwan's Formosa Petrochemical Corp. (FPCC).