PIPELINES HEAD NORTH AND SOUTH OF THE BORDERS
- FERC: Sponsors Collaborate on Alaska Pipeline. // American Gas;Jul2004, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p9
Reports that the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has suggested a collaboration on a single proposal among potential builders of Alaska pipeline. Objective of the collaboration; Implication of the collaboration for potential sponsors of Alaska pipeline; Citation of the parties...
- Mixing oil and history. McManus, Reed // Sierra;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p36
Discusses a ceremony titled `Oil From the Arctic,' celebrating the 20th anniversary of the completion of the Trans-Alaska pipeline and sponsored by Exxon, Arco, British Petroleum et al. Highlights of the event; Environmental implications of the pipeline; Items on exhibit at the event.
- A road to ruin. Krajick, Kevin // Audubon;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p120
Focuses on the Trans-Alaska pipeline which runs to the Arctic Ocean. Information on the economic downfall to Alaska due to the pipeline; Description of the route of the Haul Road; Detailed information as it relates to the pipeline.
- The last link of the pipeline. Cutler, Debbie // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Reports on Valdez, the last link in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline which serves as the loading point for oil tankers. Details on the cost of the Valdez Marine Terminal; Where the port is located; How the oil is moved from land to sea; Comments from Susie Richmond, a reliability analyst at the Valdez...
- A PIPELINE PROBLEM IN ALASKA? Stone, Daniel // Newsweek;10/18/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p10
The article discusses the potential impact on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline of falling crude production in Prudhoe Bay.
- Black gold. // U.S. News & World Report;1/15/96, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p13
Offers data on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. Length; Construction time; Total number of workers over life on construction project; Average amount of oil transported daily; Market value of Alaska's Permanent Fund; Other statistics.
- State and Producers Ink Contract for $20-Billion Line. Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/6/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p14
This article reports that a milestone draft agreement for construction of a natural-gas pipeline from the North Slope to the lower 48 states will hinge upon revisions to Alaska's oil and gas production tax now in hearings in the legislature. Experts see many hurdles still to be cleared,...
- LiDAR REMOTE SENSING DATA COLLECTION: ALASKA PIPELINE, AK DELIVERY 5. // Raw Data File (Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surve;Sep2011, Issue 3, Special section p1
The article reports on the collection of the fifth batch of light detection and ranging data collected by Watershed Sciences, Inc. from the Alaska Pipeline for the Alaska Department of Natural Sciences. Data collection was conducted between May 17 and June 16, 2011. The fifth batch of data was...
- GEOLOGIC MAPPING IN THE GILEAD CREEK AREA. // Annual Report (Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surve;Dec2010, p35
The article provides an overview of the geological mapping of Alaska's Gilead creek area by the Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys (DGGS) of the Alaska Department of Natural Resources. Diminished throughput in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System and uncertainty on natural gas pipeline...