Celanese case a sideshow in Linde-BOC takeover
- Company News. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 25, p3
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry as of December 20, 1999. Plan of Celanese AG to restructure its operations; FMC Corporation's forecast for its 1999 fourth-quarter earnings; Partnership between BOC Gases and General Motors Corporation.
- Celanese Settles Staple Fiber Antitrust Suit. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;6/23/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p7
The article reports that Celanese has agreed to pay $107 million to settle a class-action lawsuit related to the polyester staple fiber business of its former parent company Hoechst. The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina in Charlotte, alleged that...
- BOC builds at Valero. // Chemical Week;10/1/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the expansion of the BOC Gases company at Valero Energy Corp.'s refinery at Corpus Christi, Texas. Products manufactured by the company; Expected date of the plant construction.
- BOC buys two distributors. // Chemical Week;6/18/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 24, p7
Reports on BOC Gases company's acquisitions of two industrial gases distributorship in Alabama. Price of the acquisitions.
- Celanese Mulls Further Expansions Downstream. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p9
Reports on expansion of Celanese Corp.'s acetyls business. Focus of Celanese on strengthening of its regional position; Company background of Celanese; Production rates of acetic acid in Celanese.
- Celanese Faces a Difficult First Half. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/26/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the German chemical company, Celanese AG has returned to profitability in 2000 following a loss in 1999. Company's operating profit; Best performing business of Celanese; Factors that affect Celanese in the first half of 2001.
- TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p4
The article offers news related to the petroleum chemical industry as of November 27, 2006. A price decline for most petrochemicals in China was posted in October. A lawsuit was filed by Celanese against Saudi International Petrochemical Co. and two other firms to stop them from using its trade...
- services to the industry. // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p65
Presents news briefs on chemical industry around the world as of March 2000. Companies that have formed a joint venture, PlusChem, targeted at international producers that want their products distributed in Europe; Contract won by BOC Gases from Dow Chemical; Company selected by BASF...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p10
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 16, 2000. Contract signed by BOC Gases; Establishment of an `e-Center' organization by Millennium Chemicals for its electronic business efforts.