THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Global Pharmaceuticals: The Formulation Experts. // Drug Topics;Aug2011, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p22s
The article profiles Global Pharmaceuticals, the generics division of technology-based specialty pharmaceutical company Impax Laboratories. It highlights two products marketed by Global Pharmaceuticals which include Fenofibrate Tablets and Doxycycline Capsules USP. It emphasizes the quality...
- The LNG Option: Re-thinking the EU's Gas Supplies? Cernoch, Filip; Danc�k, Bretislav; Kodouskov�, Hedvika; Ocel�k, Petr; Vrbkov�, Ivana // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p61
The Russian-Ukrainian natural gas crisis from the beginning of 2009 once again accentuated Europe's energy dependency on Russian sources. This dependency represents various risks and creates pressure on solving the situation. Widespread utilization of LNG can serve as one of the solutions. The...
- Ukraine's deputy prime minister says no gas problems for winter. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/8/2013, p4
The article reports on the statement made by the Ukraine Prime Minister Yuri Boiko that his country is fulfilling the natural gas transit duties to its Russian partners which will prevent an energy crisis throughout the winter.
- A REPORTER AT LARGE. Commoner, Barry // New Yorker;5/2/83, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p66
The major fuels of the U.S. have come under intense scrutiny as a result of the energy crisis, and fault has been found with most of them. Oil is imported, coal is a threat to the environment, uranium is radioactive, and the plutonium it produces in power reactors can be made into bombs. Now...
- Government should attend to energy crisis with urgency. Venkataraman, N. S. // Chemical Business;Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p70
A letter to the editor is presented on Chemical Industries Association's appeal to the government of India to take urgent steps to overcome the energy crisis in the country.
- NEW PROJECTS. // European Chemical News;2/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2039, p26
Provides information on several chemical plant projects, as of February 2003. Amir Kabir Petrochemical; Great Lakes Chemicals; Qatar Petroleum; Solvay Pharmaceuticals.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 17, p3
Reports on developments concerning the chemical industry as of November 2004. Alliance formed by Procter & Gamble Food Ingredients with Bunge Ltd. and Peter Cremer North America for the production and marketing of cholestrol-reducing phytosterol ingredients for pharmaceuticals and foods; Product...
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/2/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p6
Presents an update on the chemical industry in Europe as of July 2, 2001. Formation of a single powder coating brand called Interpon by Akzo Nobel; Investment by Shell Chemicals in a benzene extraction unit; Approval by the Dutch government of a production method for influenza vaccine by Solvay...
- Window on financial developments. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p30
Presents updates on the chemical industry in India as of April 2001. Net profit posted by GAS Authority of India Limited for the year ended March 31, 2001; Change in the name of Godrej Soaps to Godrej Industries Limited; Plan of SOLVAY Pharmaceuticals to source the key ingredient requirement...