Quilting From Iceland to Minnesota
- Polka Park. Erla, Gudrun // Easy Quilts;Fall2012, p78
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a non-traditional baby quilt with alphabet patterns using jaunty modern design by Gudrun Erla.
- Quilt Retreat All the Way From Iceland. ERLA, GUDRUN // Quilter's World;Dec2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p18
The article relates the author's experience of hosting a retreat for a group of quilters from Iceland in Chaska, Minnesota. GE Designs designer Gudrun Erla partnered with fellow designer Tracy Trevethan for the weekend retreat. One of the activities of the group of quilters was to explore quilt...
- Strip Your Stash: Dynamic Quilts Made from Strips; 12 Projects in Multiple Sizes from GE Designs. DONOHUE, NANETTE // Library Journal;10/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 16, p83
No abstract available.
- MY COLLECTION IS BIGGER THAN YOURS: TALES FROM THE HANDCRAFTER'S STASH. Stalp, Marybeth C.; Winge, Theresa M. // Home Cultures;Jul2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p197
The article focuses on the concept and role of material culture and stash in the lives of handcrafters. Through participant observation and communication with several handcrafters, the researchers explore the various layers of stashes in the lives of knitters, quiltmakers and crocheters. Based...
- Little Lamb Bib & Burp Pad. // Quilter's World;Apr2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions to quilters on sewing the Little Lamb bib and burp pad.
- FROM Marianne Fons & Liz Porter. // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Mar/Apr2012, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss articles published within the issue, including "Trellis of Mums," "White Labyrinth," and "Marianne's Northport Crossing."
- Classic Nines. // Nine Patch Panache;6/1/2012, p4
The article presents Nine-Patch quilt designs to inspire quiltmakers to make a masterpiece.
- Going in Circles. Searcey, Maurice // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 429, p84
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a quilt made by Schyler Searcey, a 13 year old girl, for her bed that won position at the Oklahoma State Fair.
- 7-Year Old Makes His Third Quilt. See, Cheryl L. // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 429, p84
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the quilts created by seven year boy named Brandon, whose quits published in the journal's March 2007 issue.