- A strategy that works. Pallerino, Michael J. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The author looks at the success of sporting good retailers despite the U.S. debt problemss and the 2008 recession. He tells that sporting good stores like The Sports Authority and Dick's Sporting Goods have implemented superstore approach in their growth programs while brands like Foot Locker,...
- All Stars: Top Sporting-Goods Stores In North America by
2003 Revenues. // FN: Footwear News;11/1/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p18
Presents a tabular representation of the top sporting-goods chains in North America based on 2003 revenues. Foot Locker; Sports Authority; Dick's Sporting Goods; Pacific Sunwear; Big 5 Sporting Goods.
- Piece of Cake. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p8
Presents information on several strategies used by sporting goods companies to build a more profitable business model in the U.S. Dick's Sporting Goods; Sports Authority; Foot Locker; Finish Line; Hibbett Sporting Goods.
- RULES OF THE GAME. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on companies included in the 2004 "SGB" Retail Top 100 in the U.S. Wal-Mart; Dick's Sporting Goods; Bass Pro Shops; Foot Locker; Cabela's. INSETS: IPOS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCIES CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE MARKET;OUTDOOR RETAILERS WEIGH THE IMPACT OF VENDOR ACQUISITIONS.
- Sporting Goods Retailers Endure Trying First Quarter. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 106, p5
Presents the financial status on the retail of sporting goods for the first quarter of 2003. Depletion of profits for the Sports Authority Inc.; Merger of the Sports Authority and Gart Sports Co.; Report of earnings and gains by the Foot Locker Inc.
- Sporting Goods Results Follow Apparel Sales. Lynch, Matthew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 110, p14
The article provides sales forecast for several sporting goods retailers in the U.S., including Foot Locker Inc., Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., and Hibbett Sports Inc. It states that Dick's and Hibbett have posted positive computations for their apparel and accessories in the third quarter of...
- Sport Chains Spring Ahead. Kletter, Melanie; Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/3/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 115, p11
Deals with the increase in sales and earnings of sport chains in the U.S. Information on Birmingham, Alabama-based Hibbett Sporting Goods Inc.; Reason for the increase in sales and earnings of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.; Percentage increase in the earnings of New...
- The Demise of Private Label? Kerrigan, Andy // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the sporting goods retailers in which they have gained exclusive rights to brand names for distribution. The retailer The Sports Authority has signed deals with Collective Licensing for the snowboard brand Sims and has also partnered with Hilco Consumer Capital. Private...
- Sports chains manage '02 rally. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p3
Reports the business and financial performance of sporting goods retailers for the second quarter of year 2002 in the U.S. Cash flow of Foot Locker company; Increase in the profits of Sports Authority Inc.; Net income of Gart Sports Inc.