Retail Report Card
- For the Birds. Taranto, John // Outdoor Life;Nov2008, Vol. 215 Issue 10, p69
The article evaluates waterfowl decoys and hunting gear, including the Red Head Floating Wood Duck from Bass Pro, the Decoy Bag from L.L. Bean Inc., and the Warrior II Waders from Cabelas.
- RULES OF THE GAME. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on companies included in the 2004 "SGB" Retail Top 100 in the U.S. Wal-Mart; Dick's Sporting Goods; Bass Pro Shops; Foot Locker; Cabela's. INSETS: IPOS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCIES CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE MARKET;OUTDOOR RETAILERS WEIGH THE IMPACT OF VENDOR ACQUISITIONS.
- Fishing for Answers. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
Discusses issues concerning the provision of incentive packages for the establishment of sporting goods superstores for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's in the U.S. Criticisms regarding the use of public money to support private enterprise; Contributions of Bass Pro and Cabela's to tourism; Effect...
- sporting goods. // DSN Retailing Today;10/2/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p39
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of October 2, 2000. Launch of a Cabela's retail store in Dundee, Michigan; Amount of financing received by Global Sports Interactive; Appointment of Doug Bowen as president of retail stores of Bass Pro Shops Inc.
- Store design makes waves for Bass Pro Shops. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;9/10/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p23
The article focuses on the business approach of Springfield, Missouri-based sporting and outdoor goods store, Bass Pro Shops. The chain store's store design is one of the key factors of its success. With its waterfront location, the store is said to be designed in a way that makes customers want...
- L.L.Bean's, Cabela's growth rooted in expansion. // Retailing Today;8/21/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p24
The article discusses the multi-channel retailing trade of Cabela's Inc. and L.L. Bean Inc. in the U.S. According to Chris McCormick, president and CEO of L.L. Bean, retail expansion is important to the growth strategy of the company for all sales channels. L.L. Bena currently operates five...
- Call of the Wild. McDonald, Natalie Hope // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p196
The article features several outdoor recreation equipment retailers in the U.S. It includes Sam's Outfitters based in Brattleboro, Vermont, a family-owned business which offers footwear and equipment for the ultimate outdoors enthusiast, Bass Pro Shops, which specializes in hunting, fishing,...
- Reality sells. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;02/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p15
No abstract available.
- BASS PRO. PARDEE, THOMAS // Advertising Age;11/15/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 41, p20
The article examines the sporting goods industry company Bass Pro Shops, focusing on how the company has marketed its retail stores through integrated marketing.