Preservation of the Ulnar Bursa Within the Carpal Tunnel: Does It Improve the Outcome of Carpal Tunnel Surgery? A RANDOMIZED, CONTROLLED TRIAL
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Katz, Jeffrey N.; Simmons, Barry P. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/6/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 23, p1807
Focuses on carpal tunnel syndrome. How elevated pressure in the carpal tunnel, located at the base of the palm, causes the syndrome; Diagnosis, symptoms, and physical examination; Treatment, including splinting and medication; Recommendations.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome induced by a solitary osteochondral body: A case report. Ko, Ching-Chung; Chen, Clement; Shu, Ginger; Tzeng, Wen-Sheng // Skeletal Radiology;Jun2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p839
The article describes the case of a 78-year-old man complaining of numbness and paresthesia in his left thumb, index finger, middle finger and the radial half of the ring finger. A 3 centimeter palpable mass was found on the radial aspect of the distal carpal tunnel upon examination of the...
- Carpal Bummer. PRISK, VICTOR // Muscle & Fitness;Sep2015, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p44
The article offers information on carpal tunnel syndrome which is a painful condition of the hand and fingers caused by compression of a major nerve, and outlines some tips on how to treat them.
- Prevalence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in a General Population. Atroshi, Isam; Gummesson, Christina; Johnsson, Ragnar; Ornstein, Ewald; Ranstam, Jonas; Rosen, Ingmar // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/14/99, Vol. 282 Issue 2, p153
Studies the prevelance of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) in the general population. Objective; Design; Setting; Participants; Main outcome measures; Results; Conclusion.
- Detecting carpal tunnel syndrome. Hwang, Mi Young; Glass, Richard M.; Molter, Jeff // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/14/99, Vol. 282 Issue 2, p206
Gives information on carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Definition; Symptoms; Treatments; Prevention; Information.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. ASHWORTH, NIGEL L. // American Family Physician;11/15/2016, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p830
The article offers information related to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), which is a collection of clinical symptoms and signs caused by compression of the median nerve within the carpal tunnel. Topics discussed include identifiable causes and symptoms of CTS, pathophysiology of idiopathic and...
- Clinical Assessment. Lowe, Whitney // Massage Magazine;Apr2013, Issue 203, p42
The article focuses on the efficacy of a particular massage protocol in the treatment of Carpal tunnel syndrome provides important confirmation on treating the condition with soft-tissue therapy. It mentions soft-tissue therapy as a best method for median-nerve compression during the arrival of...
- Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome. // Patient Care;4/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p136
Presents information on carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Causes of CTS; Role of cortisone in treating CTS; Surgery for CTS.
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome. Hui, Andrew C. F.; Shiu-Man Wong; Griffith, James // Practical Neurology;Aug2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p210
Discusses the characterization of the carpal tunnel syndrome. Relationship between syndrome and work conditions; Compression of the median nerve at the wrist with proximal swelling of the nerve; Identification of the high-resolution ultra sonography as promising diagnostic tool.