What you thought
- Empowering employees: A route to innovation. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/12/2003, p2
Reports on a research study which claims that companies that use more positive human resources practices are more likely to innovate. Human resource management areas that affect a company's innovation decisions; Other factors that display a positive association with innovation.
- People: A Critical Element of New Technology Implementation. Ettkin, Lawrence P.; Helms, Marilyn M.; Haynes, Paula J. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p27
Discusses the need for effective management of people for successful implementation and use of technological systems. Consequences from the decision to implement changed technologies; Approaches adopted by the management for avoiding employees resistance to technological change; Need for...
- Use technology to manage your expats. Croft, Brian // Personnel Journal;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p113
Looks at the benefits of technology in human resources (HR). Examination of HR executives responsible for expatriate; Information on technology in HR; Importance of technology in financial planning; Technology as employees communication tool.
- Finding time to be strategic. Greengard, Samuel // Personnel Journal;Oct96, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p84
Explores technological innovations in human resource management. Analysis of the employee self-service system; Features and drawbacks of self-service options; Need for the right combination of technologies and solutions.
- 10 HR Technology Trends for 2001. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Jan2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p20
Looks at technology trends in personnel management in 2001. Technology outsourcing through automatic service providers; Web portals; Free personal computers and high speed access for employees; Streaming desktop video.
- The role of innovation in personnel planning. Keith, Robert W.; Stromquist, Alfred O. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec79, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p60
Part II. Focuses on the role of innovation in personnel planning in the U.S. Use of financial incentives to increase productivity; Techniques of employee motivation; Benefits of employee participation.
- Tailor the technology to fit your own needs. Evans, Jill // People Management;6/27/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p15
Focuses on the use of technology in personnel management. Analysis on the ability of personnel professionals to enable the organization to operate the different processes; Capabilities of the system that human resource (HR) people needed; Importance of having a good HR system for the...
- HR cyberspace. Frost, Mike // HR Magazine;Aug1996, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p26
Reports on technological developments in personnel management as of August 1996. Resources in locating information on the Internet; Access to the Manager's Daily site of Daly Online Media; Features of the EU Network home page. INSET: The shortest distance..
- Strategic goals guide HRMS development. Stright Jr., Jay F. // Personnel Journal;Sep93, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p68
Discusses strategies in developing a company's human resources management system (HRMS). Navigating principles; Demands warranting HRMS; Business' mission and vision; Gap analysis; Levels of technology architecture; Organizational support; HR function.
- Four stages of HRMS development. // Personnel Journal;Sep93, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p70
Presents four stages in developing human resources management system (HRMS). Architecture; Characteristics; Users.