Targeted rewards jump-start motivation
- Creating a Great Program. // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p38
Gives advice on how companies can create a formal recognition program for employee motivation. Establishment of the goal of the program; Identification of the target audience; Creation of criteria to determine who receives the awards; Budget planning.
- Good for morale, good for business. Curry, Lynne // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p42
Scrutinizes the use of incentive schemes by the companies as a way of motivating their employees. Changes on corporate philosophy on staff motivation; Rewards on tax and national insurance reasons and its advantage to voucher market; Popularity of travel options as incentives.
- Showering gifts and whetting appetites. // Employee Benefits;2003 Benefits Book, p77
Discusses the importance of incentive schemes in motivating staff to work harder. Success of incentive schemes which are matched to individual requirements; Effectiveness of internal awards ceremonies in boosting staff morale; Challenge of selecting the appropriate incentive schemes. INSET:...
- 10 Motivators for Top Employees. // American Gas;Mar2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p36
Presents the results of the fourth annual Strategic Rewards survey conducted by Watson Wyatt Worldwide, which identified motivators for top employees. Employers' and employees' views on the best ways to attract, motivate and retain workers; Percent return for companies in which employees...
- Hey, Big Spender. // Promo;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the different incentive programs offered to employees by companies in the U.S. Development of a program for a national magazine that distributes debit cards; Presentation of lifestyle awards that appeal to people; Customization of trips and experiences for the recipient.
- Are you Expanding Into Incentives? Nutter, James W. // Industrial Management;Jan70, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the installation of an incentive program. Value of a good incentive program; Tools that can be used to construct a program; Sections of a data sheet; List of information included in a data booklet.
- Put Success in Sight. Cadrain, Diane // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p84
Discusses how employers can show employees the link between their job performance and the financial success of the company through incentive programs. Steps in designing an effective incentive program; Importance of communicating the incentive program to employees; Incentive compensation design...
- Dangers of disconnects. Stettner, Morey // Managing People at Work;Oct2011, Issue 355, p2
The article presents the author's insights regarding the practice that could reveal employees to succeed and develop incentive programs and create an environment that could bring out exceptional effort.
- Indemnity at the double. Merrick, Neil // People Management;4/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p34
Describes how the Investors Compensation Scheme (ICS) managed to speed up its processing in a bid to beat the backlog on turnover of claims for reimbursement in Great Britain. Reason for the piling up of ICS work; Number of claim decisions made by ICS in 1998-1999; Division of staff working in...
- You have to give in order to get Part Two of Three. Lewis, Judy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p6
The article argues against the issue of giving rewards to the employees in the U.S.