Pillsbury's recipe is candid talk
- Hey, What's the big idea? Pillsbury knows! Dwyer, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the marketing secrets of Pillsbury Co. that was selected as `Prepared Foods' magazine's 1997 New Products Company of the Year. Company's market research on food categories; Strengths in the consumer and retail trade; Several `Big Idea' brands that exemplify the company's...
- Technology's mantra: Defend, extend and build. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the role of the research and development division on the success of Pillsbury Co. Emphasis on the day-to-day upkeep of the business; Three principles of the division; Importance of core business vitality.
- Green Giant revives vegetable entree line. Liesse, Julie // Advertising Age;7/6/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p31
Reports that Pillsbury Co.'s Green Giant Co. is reintroducing Freshtables, a vegetable-based entree and salad line. Line similar to one tested two years ago; Launched in 20 San Francisco area Safeway supermarkets; What is included; Comments.
- No, no, no, says Pillsbury. Sheets, K.R. // U.S. News & World Report;10/17/88, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p62
Discusses a hostile bid of $5.23 billion for Pillsbury by Grand Metropolitan, Britain's huge food-and-liquor firm. Investors; Minnesota's anti-takeover law. . See also (Time, 10/17/88, p54, 1/5p)
- Pillsbury-brand appliances. // Appliance Manufacturer;May96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p14
Reports that Pillsbury Co. will put its brand name on a line of small electric appliances that will debut in June 1996.
- Modernizing the ol' hacienda. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Nov95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p71
Discusses how Pillsbury's control systems in sauce preparation, sanitation procedures and warehouse/distribution improve and streamline operations with impressive results. Improvement in quality and consistency in sauce production; Distribution control. INSET: Soup's on (soup production of...
- Strudel still growing for Pillsbury. Thompson, Stephanie // Brandweek;11/03/97, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p12
States that Pillsbury is testing special holiday-only flavors and packaging for the first time in efforts to a broader program to reach with its Toaster Strudel frozen pastries. Introduction of two SKUs in late January 1998; Ages of consumers there are likely to attract; Statistical information...
- Pillsbury heats up El Paso, Mexican. Spethmann, Betsy // Brandweek;11/20/95, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p1
Reports on Pillsbury's launch of its `Nacho Man' television advertising spot for its Old El Paso Mexican food products. Description of the commercial; Reactions of Pillsbury's competitors.
- Pillsbury sells Van de Kamp's for second time, to private investors. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/31/95, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p36
Reports on Pillsbury Co.'s plan to sale Van de Kamp frozen seafood division. Reasons for the company's decision to sell its subsidiary.