Beware of the Internet?
- Www.recruiting. Mosley, Alisa // Business & Economic Review;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p23
Discusses the use of Internet as a recruiting tool. Problem with recruiting; Major approaches in using Internet to enhance the recruiting efforts of small businesses. INSET: A sampling of online recruiting services.
- The scatter-gun approach. Reed, James // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p69
Deals with Internet-based recruitment. Number of recruitment Web sites covering Great Britain and Ireland; Advantages and disadvantages of online recruitment; Result of a survey on the issue.
- Hoosier firms surf the Net to solve personnel needs. McFeely, Dan // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p11C
Reports on Indiana companies' use of the Internet in looking for new employees. Abundance of resumes posted on the Internet; Traditional ways of looking for employees; Web site job seekers.
- Execs lament losing workers to Internet lure. // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/07/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p37
Reports on the difficulties experienced by United States firms in recruiting and retaining key employees, who are lured into the lucrative Internet industry. Allure of quick wealth for business school graduates and experienced personnel; Corporate initiatives to find and retain more employees.
- Techie Raids. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p5
Reports that the proliferation of Internet companies is causing nationwide raiding for talent. Impact on salaries in the industry; Solution for managers who feel stifled by traditional corporate settings; Areas that are being raided by Internet firms.
- Building the empire one post at a time. // Northern Colorado Business Report;2/12/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p11
The author discusses the concept of social recruiting, wherein employers are relying on the Internet for employee recruitment.
- Recruiting Online. Chyna, Julie T. // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the use of the internet in recruiting and enlisting employees. Shortage of nurses in healthcare organizations; Creation of a personal website; Availability of online job banks and resume banks in professional associations.
- Two tools for finding and keeping people. Dix, John // Network World;12/18/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p46
Editorial. Discusses ways to recruit information technology professionals for the United States Internet industry. Use of structured career development programs to open dialogues with employees; Use of the help desk as a proving ground for information services.
- Finding and Filling a Job Online. Sullivan, Mike // Business NH Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p47
Reports the use of the Internet for employee recruitment services in the United States. Advantages of hiring employee online over the traditional method; Comparison of recruitment cost between online process and traditional methods; Necessity of utilizing the Internet to stay competitive;...
- High cost of finding recruits in cyberspace. Missirlian, Phil // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/26/99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p19B
Discusses the high cost of using the Internet to recruit job applicants. Analogy used for the risk involved in hiring over the Internet; Benefits of the Internet to job seekers; Disadvantages of the Internet to employers seeking job applicants.