Resumes--lost or found?
- Give students a job-seeking edge. Anderton, Lillie M.; Cooley, Joy A. // Vocational Education Journal;Jan95, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p15
Provides pointers for first-time job seekers. Details of the portfolio concept; Resume requirements; Tips on interview questions.
- Employers take action to expose your CV lies. Towner, Nathalie // Computer Weekly;5/30/2002, p46
Reports the action taken by employers to examine curriculum vitae (CV) of applicants. Recruitment of CV detectives; Increase in the lies or inaccuracies in the CVS; Obligation of banks to check applicants for financial soundness.
- Manage Your Career. Shaw, Geoff // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p43
Discusses the format of a curriculum vitae (CV) and its importance in the recruitment process. Tips on creating CV; Length of CV; Importance of referees in the CV.
- Is your company ready to hire? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/24/2003-3/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Provides tips for developing an effective and legal employee recruitment strategy. Use of Web-based resume management systems and e-mail; Legal dangers when recruiting from the competitors; Analysis of recruitment process.
- What facts should you ignore on a rÃ©sumÃ©? // Manager's Legal Bulletin;7/1/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
This article provides an answer to a question on the facts that should be excluded when perusing the rÃ©sumÃ© of a job candidate.
- Four ways to write a successful resume. Ryan, Bill // New Hampshire Business Review;2/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p18
The article offers tips on how to write a successful resume.
- Get back to hiring- and win the right talent. POFELDT, ELAINE // Crain's New York Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article presents suggestions for companies, on how to hire and choose among several job applications.
- Hirers' attention spans are getting shor... // People Management;Feb2015, p9
The article discusses the amount of time that job recruiters spend looking at resumes and curriculum vitaes (CVs), mobile apps that help recruiters spend less time looking at CVs including Jobr and Switch, and the resume of Sergey Brin, co-founder of Internet company Google.
- To Tell the Truth: Catching Tall Tales on RÃ©sumÃ©s. Walsh, Lara // Workforce;Dec2014, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses how human resources recruiters turn to references as a resource for double-checking applicants claim and reports a survey from the hiring site CareerBuilder which shows that fifty-eight percent of employers have caught job applicants embellishing their rÃ©sumÃ©s.