Resumes--lost or found?
- Give students a job-seeking edge. Anderton, Lillie M.; Cooley, Joy A. // Vocational Education Journal;Jan95, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p15
Provides pointers for first-time job seekers. Details of the portfolio concept; Resume requirements; Tips on interview questions.
- Employers take action to expose your CV lies. Towner, Nathalie // Computer Weekly;5/30/2002, p46
Reports the action taken by employers to examine curriculum vitae (CV) of applicants. Recruitment of CV detectives; Increase in the lies or inaccuracies in the CVS; Obligation of banks to check applicants for financial soundness.
- Manage Your Career. Shaw, Geoff // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p43
Discusses the format of a curriculum vitae (CV) and its importance in the recruitment process. Tips on creating CV; Length of CV; Importance of referees in the CV.
- Is your company ready to hire? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/24/2003-3/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Provides tips for developing an effective and legal employee recruitment strategy. Use of Web-based resume management systems and e-mail; Legal dangers when recruiting from the competitors; Analysis of recruitment process.
- The best policy Staying honest in the job market. Subervi, Ann // Public Relations Tactics;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the importance for job seekers to be honest in putting information on their resumes in the U.S.
- What facts should you ignore on a rÃ©sumÃ©? // Manager's Legal Bulletin;7/1/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
This article provides an answer to a question on the facts that should be excluded when perusing the rÃ©sumÃ© of a job candidate.
- Four ways to write a successful resume. Ryan, Bill // New Hampshire Business Review;2/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p18
The article offers tips on how to write a successful resume.
- Those little white lies. // Management Today;May96, p17
Reports on the increased use of embellished curriculum vitaes (CV) in Great Britain due to the downsizing habit in big organizations. Widespread use of the CV as a selling document rather than as the basis of a contract between future employer and employee; Companies as relying too much on the...
- Get back to hiring- and win the right talent. POFELDT, ELAINE // Crain's New York Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article presents suggestions for companies, on how to hire and choose among several job applications.