An old idea returns
- Best course. // Supervision;Jul94, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p7
Discusses how managers should handle suggestions from their associates and subordinates. Importance of open-mindedness; Need to master the art of turning down suggestions; Courses of action when suggestions are made.
- Top 10 weirdest ideas dropped in suggestion boxes. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p6
The article presents the top 10 ideas from the suggestion boxes which include the addition of tanning bed to break room, placing beer in vending machine, and permitting naps in lactation room.
- Suggestion boxes and town hall meetings: Fix `Em or forget 'Em. Guiniven, John // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the need for a revamp of suggestion boxes and town hall meetings, staples of employee communication in the United States. Reaction of employees against suggestion boxes and town hall meetings; Hurdles faced by internal communicators; Participatory management styles.
- EDITORIAL. Upadhya, Amitabh // Skyline Business Journal;2012/2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the human resource management and leadership, the employee suggestion schemes, and the role of quality of work life in teaching faculty at Oman Higher Education Institutions.
- LESSONS LEARNED. // Managing People at Work;Jan2012, Issue 358, p4
The article offers tips on how to maintain balance between employees' suggestions and other vital issues in the workplace such as by establishing criteria for best ideas, setting parameters to test ideas, and allowing employees to experiment with their ideas on their own.
- Making Employee Suggestions Count. Nelson, Bob // ABA Bank Marketing;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the importance of soliciting the suggestions of employees. Reason for the hesitation of companies to implement employee suggestion programs; Problem with employee suggestion programs; Information on the employee suggestion program of First Maryland Bancorp.
- 2. Developing an Employee Handbook: Responsibilities for Drafting, Editing, and Publishing: 2.05 Using Employee Suggestions in the New or Revised Employee Handbook. Lawson II, Joseph W. R. // How to Develop an Employee Handbook;1998, p25
A section of the book "How to Develop an Employee Handbook" is presented. It discusses the advantages of using employee suggestions in the new or revised employee handbook. According to the article, this can create good will, improve employee morale and foster enthusiastic acceptance of the...
- Online suggestion scheme is set to cut out the middle man. // Personnel Today;3/25/2003, p7
A new employee suggestion scheme at technology firm SAP will soon enable staff to send their ideas directly to the managers responsible for implementing them in Great Britain. The online system allows employees to put forward ideas for improving the business and ensures they are delivered...
- a suggestion system that works for you. Jeromos, Peggy Darragh // Supervision;Aug2003, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p18
Presents advice on designing an effective suggestion system in a company. Significance of employee recognition in making improvements in their jobs; Roles of a supervisor in handling job-related suggestions from employees; Impact of company culture on the type of award given by a company.