Structured mentoring works
- Mentoring that's an out-of-company experience. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p6
Presents information on a mentoring program conducted by Chicago Menttium 100, which consists of pairing executives in one-year mentoring relationships with women outside their companies. Comments by Cabay, executive of Andersen Consulting in Chicago, Illinois; How long does the program run;...
- Wanted: A mentor to advance your career. // Supervisory Management;Jan96, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p4
Describes the benefits of having a mentor in order to help an employee gain insight and direction in his or her career. How to establish a mentoring relationship; Difficulties in securing a mentor; Where to look and what to look for in a mentor; Reference list. INSET: Within the organization.
- Mentoring into the workplace. C.H. // Black Enterprise;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p86
Presents information on GEM National Institute on Mentoring. 1996 GEM Intern Mentorship Project; Companies with pilot programs; Contact information.
- Profile of women mentors: A national survey. Vincent, Annette; Seymour, Judy // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring95, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p4
Presents a study on mentoring relationships, specially among female executives and their proteges. Comparison of mentors and non-mentors in terms of age, education, salary, race, and work experience; Status of mentoring among female executives; Benefits of mentoring; Barriers to mentoring.
- To gain myriad mentorship benefits, mentors must be sought tenaciously. Kurato, Donald D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7B
Focuses on mentor relationships in business. Benefits to proteges; Need for more understanding of mentoring relationships; Recommendations on this issue.
- Skills you can bank on. Wahl, Melissa // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p62
Features a different kind of banking system which uses skills instead of money, introduced by the Florida-based Executive Women in Sales and Marketing. Use of a mentoring bank; Volunteering of individual assets; Tapping of another member's skills.
- Mentoring. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p112
Focuses on business mentoring. Requirements for mentor relationships; Advantages of mentoring programs.
- Mentors for hire. McGee, Kimberley // Las Vegas Business Press;08/12/96, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p18
Focuses on mentors in business in Las Vegas, Nevada. Background on SPARCK International's mentoring mission for business owners; Benefits of using mentors.
- Mentoring programs. Hildebrand, Karen // Colorado Business Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p66
Discusses various aspects of mentoring in business. Background on mentoring in business; Benefits offered by mentoring for businesses; Tips for potential business mentors.
- Get a mentor, even one outside your industry. // Fort Worth Business Press;5/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on mentoring in business in the United States. Benefits of a mentor-protege relationship; Overview of the BusinesLINC program; Contact information.