- How states regulate guns. Carroll, James // State Government News;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p37
Examines the regulations and legislation implemented by state governments in the United States about the carrying of concealed weapons. Comparison of the may-issue and shall-issue types of laws on carrying concealed weapons; States which imposed the waiting period for handgun purchases mandated...
- Gun Control in the United States: A Comparative Survey of State Firearm Laws. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2000, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p16
Presents a comparative survey of state firearm laws in the United States. Factors complicating the connection between gun laws and gun injury; Ten top-rated states in the study; Comparison of state and federal gun laws; Undermining of strict gun laws in one state with the permissive laws of...
- Gun control -- a viable solution? Barton, Joe // Fort Worth Business Press;06/30/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p31
Comments on the gun control measures being considered in the United States Congress, including the conduct of background checks for firearm transfers in gun shows and the use of child-proof trigger locks with handguns. Burden imposed by the measures on law-abiding gun owners; Hazards associated...
- FACT-FREE GUN POLICY. Cook, Philip J.; Ludwig, Jens // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Apr2003, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p1329
Comments on the cost of a fact-free gun policy. Impact of the gun policy on the real world; Views on gun control measures; History of the gun control legislation.
- Guns r us. Buchsbaum, Herbert // Scholastic Update;2/11/94, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p18
Addresses the issue of gun violence and gun control. Statistical information on gun violence; Cases involving gun violence; Background information on gun ownership; Importance of a gun control; Correlation of gun control with gun violence Summary of views and comments on the issue.
- SCOPE OF EXISTING STATE FIREARMS LAWS. // Congressional Digest;Dec66, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p291
Focuses on scope of various state laws related to firearms control in the United States. Categorization of state firearms law in four classes; Description of these four classes of state firearms law; Provisions of the state laws related to firearms control.
- Constitutional federalism. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, The State's Advocate p3
Discusses the challenges made on the constitutionality of the 1993 Brady Act regulating firearm purchases in the United States. Requirement for background checks; Basis of challenges on court ruling in `New York vs. United States'; Arguments against Brady law.
- NH House Approves Allowing Guns on Campus. Love, Norma // Community College Week;01/23/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article announces that the New Hampshire House approved a bill which ends the prohibition of guns on campuses, including in classrooms.
- New law aims to stem sale of illegal weapons. Figueroa, Hector Berrios // Caribbean Business;11/9/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p35
Reports on Puerto Rico's gun law aiming to stem the illegal sale of weapons. Regulations pertaining to the acquisition, registration and use of firearms.
- Kids Gunning Down Kids. // Glamour;Jul99, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p131
Editorial. Recommends passing a legislation for tighter gun restrictions. Details of gun purchase under Colorado law; Actions taken by United States President Bill Clinton's administration on gun-control; Remarks from Jack Calhoun, executive director of the National Crime Prevention Council of...