Two Postal workers commit violent acts during the holidays; fatalities at U.S. workplaces are
- Workplace violence: Gaining ground on `going postal'? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the growing incidence of workplace violence in the United States. Estimates on the number of workers victimized in the workplace; Common causes of deaths on the job; Cost of workplace violence to industries; Workplace violence involving postal workers; Policies and programs initiated...
- USPS VIOLENCE RATES NO HIGHER THAN THE GENERAL WORKPLACE. // Professional Safety;Nov2000, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p39
Focuses on the workplace-related violence among postal workers in the United States. Assessment of homicides and violent acts in the general workplace; Statistics of workplace homicides from 1992-1998.
- Real Danger and 'Postal' Mythology. Temple, Paul // Workforce (10928332);Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p8
Provides information on the rate of workplace violence in United States industries. Workplace violence statistics in the postal industry; Rate of workplace homicides; Effects of workplace violence.
- Answer Fella. // Esquire;Jul2006, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p52
The article presents questions and answers involving men. One person asks the possibility of getting sentenced to military service. Another questions the exit paths of dust and cinders that gets in the eyes. A reader asks the proclivity of postal workers toward workplace homicide.
- New National Postal Museum exhibit honors mail clerks on board RMS Titanic. Correl, Frank // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;12/10/99, Vol. 185 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on the `Posted Aboard R.M.S. Titanic,' an exhibit at the Washington D.C.-based National Postal Museum which honors the postal clerks who died in the sinking of the ship Titanic. Names of the postal clerks who died trying to save the mail entrusted to them.
- Carrier lead food drive. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/9/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 19, p1A
The article reports that the postal workers in Burnet County, Texas will be collecting food donations for LaCare, a Burnet food pantry which provides emergency food and weekly nutrition classes to the residents, as part of the National Association of Letter Carriers food drive.
- BIGGEST 'THANK YOU' PARTY. // Ebony;Feb1964, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
Several photographs related to the "Thank You" party of Chicago Post Office workers, which was hosted by Post Master Harry H. Semrow on December 28, 1963, are presented.
- Addressee Unknown. Beaver, Mark // Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature & Fine Arts;Winter2012/Spring2013, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p62
The author presents a personal narrative in which he remembers about the year 1981 when his father, who is working in the U.S. Postal Service, appeared on television (TV).
- Pony Bob's long ride. Horning, Bob // Cricket;Dec93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p55
Recounts the adventures of `Pony Bob' Haslam who was 20 years old when he became a rider for the pony express in 1860. Why Bob was chosen as a rider; The dangers on his 75-mile daily run; Why pony express horses could outdistance Indian horses; Pony Bob's most famous ride; More.