Disney CEO exercises stock options and raises compensation questions
- Disney's Michael Eisner: No Mickey Mouse CEO. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on Michael Eisner, chairman and chief executive officer of Walt Disney Company. Career details; Eisner's career stint at Walt Disney; Details.
- Eisner haul: $10.6 mil in '94. Marich, Robert // Hollywood Reporter;1/9/95, Vol. 335 Issue 26, p1
Reports on Walt Disney Co. chairman Michael Eisner's total compensation in fiscal 1994. Increase in corporate executive bonus pool; Holdings in exercisable stock options; Other top executives' compensation.
- More Magic From Mickey's and Michael's Kingdom. Serwer, Andrew // Fortune;1/15/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p85
Looks at the comeback by the Walt Disney Company and Michael Eisner in 1995. The merger with Capital Cities/ABC; Hiring of Hollywood superagent Michael Ovitz; Turnaround at EuroDisney; Smash movies `Pocahontas' and `Toy Story.'
- Disney's Eisner lets a smile be his umbrella. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p4
Features Michael Eisner, chairman of Walt Disney Co. How Eisner reacts to rumors insinuating that the company is in crisis; Criticism on Eisner; Financial information on Eisner.
- Michael Eisner. Wilensky, Dawn // Discount Store News;12/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p34
Profiles Michael Eisner, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co. Educational background; Career; Hobbies; Views on Disney's leadership in the many markets it serves.
- How Eisner saved Disney--and himself. Meyer, Michael; McGuire, Stryker // Newsweek;8/14/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p28
Reports that during the year from 1994 to 1995, Michael Eisner, chairman of the Walt Disney Co., improved his personal health and the financial health of the company. Eisner's quadruple-bypass surgery in 1994; The death of Eisner's best friend Frank Wells; Financial trouble in 1994 with Euro...
- Eisner recovering at home post-surgery. Laski, Beth // Variety;7/25/94, Vol. 355 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the release of Walt Disney Co. chairman Michael Eisner from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on July 21, 1994 following a quadruple bypass surgery. Eisner's response to the surgery; Take over of Roy Disney during Eisner's absence.
- Showman of the year. Saperstein, Patricia // Variety;8/28/95 90th Anniversay Issue, Vol. 360 Issue 4, p23
Features Michael D. Eisner, chairman of Walt Disney Co. Plans for the company; Background in the television and motion picture industry; Character; Effect of Walt Disney president Frank Wells' death on the company; Issue of succession in the company; Effect of Jeffrey Katzenberg's departure...
- Disney's Eisner cashes in stock. Mermigas, Dianne // Electronic Media;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p68
Reports that chairman and chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company, Michael Eisner, exercised his 7.3 million stock options and took advantage of the company's record stock price. Value of the transaction; Comments from Jeffrey Logsdon, analyst at Cruttenden, Roth; Information on a...