Minnesota $99 million, light-rail bonding bill still alive and kicking
- St. Louis light-rail plan nears bonding, but still faces bumps. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p1
Focuses on the plans of officials in Saint Louis, Missouri to issue bonds to finance a light rail transit project in the city. Value of the bonds; Budget of the project; Progress of negotiations at the city council.
- N.J. ready for light-rail issue; puts forward bond sale on hold. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p40
Focuses on preparations for a bond issue in New Jersey to finance a light rail transit system. Value of the bonds; Investors' response to the issue.
- Allegheny Agency Engineers $200 Million Light-Rail Offering. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p32
Reports on the Allegheny County Port Authority's preparation of a $200 million bond sale that it hopes to complete before the end of 1999. Use of the deal to fund the purchase of light-rail vehicles and pay for track improvements in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Structure of the planned financing;...
- Light Rail Can Reap Many Benefits Despite Risks, Backers Say. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p30
Focuses on the advantages and benefits of Dallas, Texas residents from allowing Dallas Area Rapid Transit to sell long-term bonds to build its light-rail system. Transit options that will available upon the completion of the planned light rail transit; Public support for expanding the existing...
- L.A. MTA endorses setting up agency to finish rail line. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30443, p5
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority board has agreed to support Senator Adam B. Schiff's bill which would establish a bond-issuing joint powers authority to complete a light-rail between Pasadena and Los Angeles in California. Reasons for the delay of the...
- Utah Transit's Note Plan Sparks Concern Over Time Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30897, p4
Reports on the proposal of the Utah Transit Authority to issue short-term notes to finance light-rail construction in Salt Lake City, Utah. Construction schedule; Federal transit grant won by the city.
- Beyond the cable cars. // Classic Trains;Spring2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p88
The article focuses on the history of the San Francisco Municipal Railway in California. Three years after the 1906 earthquake, a bond issue created the agency, known as Muni, as a public rival to the dominant private streetcar operator, United Railroads of San Francisco. Muni absorbed the...
- DART Looks To Speed Up Construction. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p1
Reports on a bond referendum in Dallas, Texas to fund expansions to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's light-rail system. Structure of the proposed bond issue; Route of the rail service.
- Write-in votes show Oregon rail defeated. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p28
Reports on the failure of a light-rail bond issue to gain voters' approval in Portland, Oregon. Tri-Met's plans in using funds from the planned offering.