Minnesota $99 million, light-rail bonding bill still alive and kicking
- St. Louis light-rail plan nears bonding, but still faces bumps. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p1
Focuses on the plans of officials in Saint Louis, Missouri to issue bonds to finance a light rail transit project in the city. Value of the bonds; Budget of the project; Progress of negotiations at the city council.
- N.J. ready for light-rail issue; puts forward bond sale on hold. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p40
Focuses on preparations for a bond issue in New Jersey to finance a light rail transit system. Value of the bonds; Investors' response to the issue.
- Allegheny Agency Engineers $200 Million Light-Rail Offering. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p32
Reports on the Allegheny County Port Authority's preparation of a $200 million bond sale that it hopes to complete before the end of 1999. Use of the deal to fund the purchase of light-rail vehicles and pay for track improvements in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Structure of the planned financing;...
- Light Rail Can Reap Many Benefits Despite Risks, Backers Say. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p30
Focuses on the advantages and benefits of Dallas, Texas residents from allowing Dallas Area Rapid Transit to sell long-term bonds to build its light-rail system. Transit options that will available upon the completion of the planned light rail transit; Public support for expanding the existing...
- L.A. MTA endorses setting up agency to finish rail line. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30443, p5
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority board has agreed to support Senator Adam B. Schiff's bill which would establish a bond-issuing joint powers authority to complete a light-rail between Pasadena and Los Angeles in California. Reasons for the delay of the...
- Utah Transit's Note Plan Sparks Concern Over Time Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30897, p4
Reports on the proposal of the Utah Transit Authority to issue short-term notes to finance light-rail construction in Salt Lake City, Utah. Construction schedule; Federal transit grant won by the city.
- Beyond the cable cars. // Classic Trains;Spring2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p88
The article focuses on the history of the San Francisco Municipal Railway in California. Three years after the 1906 earthquake, a bond issue created the agency, known as Muni, as a public rival to the dominant private streetcar operator, United Railroads of San Francisco. Muni absorbed the...
- OHIO: A Streetcar Named Columbus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p9
The article focuses on Columbus, a proposed streetcar line in Ohio. The $103 million electric streetcar line will run through city neighborhoods and will be financed in part by revenue bonds and private contributions from area institutions. It is proposed by Mayor Michael Coleman to attain...
- DART Looks To Speed Up Construction. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p1
Reports on a bond referendum in Dallas, Texas to fund expansions to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's light-rail system. Structure of the proposed bond issue; Route of the rail service.