Pearson Wins Alabama K-8 Science Adoption with an Almost 30% Share
- You Can Trust Your Textbooks! King, Lloyd W. // Education;Feb1957, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p346
The article focuses on the quality of textbooks produced by publishers for helping both teachers and pupils in the U.S. The American people have recognized the benefits of books for many years. However, publishers confess that they are pleased with the potency ascribed to textbooks. Educators...
- PreK-12 Textbook Sales Improve in Open Territories in April. // Educational Marketer;6/25/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the improvement in the sales of PreK-12 textbooks in open territories in April 2007. It states that PreK-12 textbook sales declined 21.4% to $175.5 million, while supplemental sales were down 16.35 to $65.4 million compared in 2006. However, textbook publishers did see...
- U.S. K-12 Instructional Materials Sales, December and Year End 2004 vs. 2003. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
Presents a chart depicting the K-12 instructional materials sales of the textbook publishers in the U.S.
- Business Outlook for Publishers Turns a Page. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;3/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p6
The article reports that after a bust period of flat or declining revenues, U.S. text-book publishers are expecting a boom in the sales of K-12 instructional materials and assessment products over the next several years. Textbook publishers were far less optimistic at their annual conference a...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;May1953, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p15
The article reports that Germany is publishing far more books than any other country. The 1950 data show 22,338 different titles published in Germany compared to 17,072 in Great Britain, 11,850 in France and 11,000 in the United States.
- After Q1, K-12 Publishers Remain Pessimistic About 2004 Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on publishers' pessimism regarding growth in their industry. According to guidance from the three top publishers, there is nothing to change the gloomy 2004 outlook in K-12 publishing. Pearson Education Inc., which generated 1% growth in AK-12 revenue to $1.37...
- Reading Law Fails to Bring Innovations. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;12/13/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on a select number of text book publishers which are dominating the market of instructional materials. The Reading First Initiative, which is part of the No Child Left Behind Act, has been criticized for favoring specific reading programs. This has forced educational...
- Supplying Science, Transition Out of Chaos, PD as Learning. MENTOR, MS. // NSTA Reports!;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p26
The article presents an answer to a question related to demanding for equipment for teaching science for teaching in an elementary school in the U.S.
- i-Ready Diagnostic Upgrades. // Language Magazine;Sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p43
The article focuses on the monthly Progress Monitoring assessments added to i-Ready Diagnostic and Instruction tool for grades K-8 in August 2013.