Harcourt Prevails in Florida Science Adoption with a 51% Share in K-8 Sales
- U.S. Textbooks Are Long on Glitz, But Where's the Beef? Jones, Rebecca // Education Digest;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p23
Comments on the quality of education textbooks in the United States. Changes in format and design; Criticisms on accuracy and content; Discussion on content misunderstanding by students and incorrect assumptions by publishers; Reactions from publishers; Suggestions on what school districts...
- Bryan ISD Improves Textbook Management Productivity, Cuts Losses With Inventory Program. // T H E Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p47
Focuses on how campuses of the Bryan Independent School District in Texas took control of expenditures in textbook replacements. Solution to the school district's textbook management problems.
- Customization Seen as Trend in PreK-12 Strategies. // Educational Marketer;6/25/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on the customization in the publishing of textbooks in the U.S. It states that customization to a particular market niches is under way for supplemental publishers and is expected to continue. It adds that the school district's decision-making for purchasing of supplemental...
- K-12 Publishers Marshall Efforts To Fight Legislative Proposal To Alter Texas Adoption Process. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the campaign of K-12 textbook publishers against a proposed legislative bill that will alter the adoption process and lump together funding for technology and textbooks in Texas. Effect of the proposed bill on the textbook selection process; Provisions of the bill; Statement of Steve...
- The Textbook Dispute in West Virginia: A New Form of Oppression. Watras, Joseph // Educational Leadership;Oct75, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the textbook dispute in West Virginia. Criticisms against English literature arts textbooks in Kanawha County School District; Examples contained in the textbook protest; Assertions on Appalachia culture.
- District Drops Laptop Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32567, p9
The article reports on the termination of the plan of the officials at Scottsdale Unified School District No. 48 to provide a laptop computer to their students in Arizona. It was supposed to gain the attention of voters to the 2007 November's proposed capital override for textbooks and fine arts...
- after-school programs: an investment that pays off. Fletcher, Andria J.; Padover, Wayne // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
Points out that after-school programs can be an exceptionally cost-effective approach to supporting school district goals, such as improving student achievement and building vital community partnerships. Benefits to districts and communities; Balanced and diversified funding; Leveraging...
- opportunity: the other half of crisis. Ohm, Kathy // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p28
Points out that the economic crisis in school districts in California provides an opportunity for improving effectiveness. Meeting the needs of all students; Curriculum; Lifelong learners; Organization.
- Private management and school reform. Doyle, Denis P. // American Enterprise;May/Jun94, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the need for school management reform in the United States. Privatization of instructional services; Risks to school districts.