MedAmerica plans $153 million issue through Ohio County
- MedAmerica Launches Prescription Drug Discount Program Through 'ScriptSave' To Its LTC Insureds. // Insurance Advocate;7/15/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 26, p25
Provides information on the drug discount program launched by MedAmerica Insurance Co. for its insurers.
- Blues plan buys another insurer. // Modern Healthcare;6/19/95, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p72
Reports that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of the Rochester Area, New York has acquired MedAmerica Insurance Co. from the parent of Blue Cross of Western Pennsylvania. Financial benefits of the acquisition.
- Risk pushes PHO over the edge. Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;03/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p42
Details the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by MedAmerica HealthNet in federal court on December 31, 1997. Contract of MedAmerica with Alliance Blue Cross and Blue Shield; Reason why MedAmerica is being forced out of business; Claims of the Alliance; Brief information about the...
- MedAmerica Reports Acquisition Of Portion Of LTC Business Of ERC Long Term Care Solutions. // Insurance Advocate;7/21/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 27, p38
Reports that MedAmerica Insurance Co. has acquired in 2003 a portion of the long-term care business of third-party administrator and reinsurer ERC Long Term Care Solutions Inc. Terms of the deal; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the insurance industry.
- Mainstreaming LTCI. Thompson, Helen // Advisor Today;Jul2007, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that financial security companies Genworth Financial Inc. and MedAmerica Insurance Co. are offering new products on long-term care insurance (LTCI) in the U.S. The Cornerstone Advantage LTCI product from Genworth Financial functions a bit like health insurance to bring LTCI,...
- Flexible Benefits. Thompson, Helen // Advisor Today;Dec2005, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that MedAmerica Insurance Co. has introduced a new long-term care insurance called Group Simplicity in the U.S. that provides employers of all sizes with the same benefits. As stated in the article, Group Simplicity offers an easy-to-understand long-term care benefit. In...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...