Start With Employee Motivation: How to take the sting out of `bad' service
- Foodservice 101: The Basics. // Convenience Store News;Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p49
The article presents suggestions for food service operators on how to select prospective employees. It is said that strong character is one of the most important quality to look for in prospective foodservice employees. It is said that being food-oriented or have previous foodservice experience...
- Foodservice 201: Intermediate Insights. // Convenience Store News;Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p52
The article presents information on attracting and hiring good employees in a food service operation. It is said that dedicated employees are important for ensuring program integrity, adherence to all food safety standards, launch of new products, and to serve customers appropriately and with...
- PAYING ATTENTION TO GOOD (AND BAD) SERVICE. Strong, Andrea // Restaurant Business;Oct2008, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses how complacent staff can be motivated to deliver better service in the food service industry in the U.S. It relates the solution presented by Michael Hojlo of Metrazur wherein he assigned his staff the task of dining out and writing a review of their experience. It claims...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. King, Paul // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
The article offers ideas to motivate food service consumers and employees in the U.S. To encourage healthful purchases in their Basement Bistro, Cathy Babbs, director of food and nutrition services at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System in Mattoon, Illinois, give a 25% discount on each healthy item...
- Do you really care? Grindlay, Andrew // Business Quarterly;Autumn93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the relationship between profitability and caring about customers and employees in a business. The Body Shop Canada president Margot Franssen's approach to business; Tips from Donald Cooper, president of Alive & Well, on getting good customers and staff.
- Keeping staff motivated is the key to happy customers. Lebeouf, Philippe // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/2/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4621, p16
In this article the author discusses the importance of motivation of the staff in providing customer service amid the economic downturn.
- The 'Secret' of Customer Service Motivation. Mowatt, Jeff // Canadian Funeral News;Jan2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p33
The article discusses the importance of giving employees motivational actions to break the vicious cycle of poor customer services.
- CHAPTER ONE: FOUNDATION OF SUCCESS. Fullen, Sharon // Food Service Professionals Guide to Controlling Restaurant & Foo;2003, p9
Chapter One of the book "Controlling Restaurant and Food Service Labor Costs: 365 Secrets Revealed" by Sharon Fullen is presented. It offers suggestions related to customer service in food establishments which include enhancing employee motivation, organizing workers' training and implementing...
- Action plan: Creating environment that motivates can awaken employee potential. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p44
Presents the motivating factors that can awaken the potential of food service employees. Influence of idealism on employees; Importance of giving trainees achievable tasks; Effect of affiliation with the team.