Maximizing Eye Appeal With: Display Cases
- Strut your stuff. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;9/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p140
Discusses the importance of cleanliness in display and serving equipment. Lighting as a factor to enhance food appearance; Color as a backdrop for foods; Stainless steel as a neutral backdrop; Size and shape; Ease of use; Refrigerated displays; See-through cases for deli displays; Single-level...
- How do you merchandise gourmet products in your store? // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb2001, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p204
Gives ideas on merchandising gourmet in retail stores. Techniques for product display; Selection of gourmet; Use of sampling to generate sales.
- The way to a consumer's's heart is through consumables. Duff, Mike // Drug Store News;10/16/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p127
Presents information on the merchandising strategy of Walgreen Co. on its food products. Changes in the operations of the drugstore chain to accommodate the needs of its customers; Different food products and consumable offered by the company; Description of the food and consumable section in...
- Wegmans Pharmacy Displays Produce. // SN: Supermarket News;8/2/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 31, p17
The article reports that Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has added displays merchandised with healthy foods near its in-store pharmacies, which is part of its initiative "Eat Well. Live Well" to promote healthy eating among its customers.
- 'Stacking High' Will Cost You! // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Jun2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the plan by executives at Kroger to examine the stacking practices of frozen food retailers in the U.S. In a conference call with securities analysts, Kroger executives said they plan to monitor the stacking practices of retailers to make sure they do not have products...
- Whole Foods Tests Natural-Fiber Textiles. Corral, Cecile B. // Home Textiles Today;12/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that the American organic supermarket chain Whole Foods has started offering natural fiber bedding and bath towels in some of its stores. The goods, which are branded by Gaiam and by Under the Canopy, are displayed under the Whole Body brand. The display strategies of the...
- Whole Foods responds to meat display backlash. Webber, Liz // Supermarket News Expert Blog;4/25/2014, p1
The article reports on the response by food retailer Whole Foods to public reaction to a meat display of an animal carcass with the words "Whole Foods" carved into its flesh in one of its stores in New York.
- Campaign for local produce. // Prairie Farmer;Feb2013, Vol. 185 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that a new branding campaign has been started by the Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA) to market state produce and grow the economy, wherein grocery stores and farmers markets in the state can apply for free point-of-sale materials by February 15, 2013 at IDOA.
- Drug stores rethink store offerings as frozen food category heats up. White-Sax, Barbara // Drug Store News;11/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p46
The article focuses on the efforts formulated by drug retailers in the U.S. in promoting healthy frozen foods in the market. The National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association has developed a campaign to remind consumers that frozen products does not mean unhealthy. On the other hand,...