At Mass. Assisted Living Ctr.: Homemade focus in an institutional setting
- Assisted-living facility lends a helping hand. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the food service provided by The Bridges at Bent Creek assisted-living facility to Bent Creek Crossings in Mechnicsburg, Pennsylvania as of October 15, 2005. The assisted-living facility has increased weekly sales by 15% since it started offering meals to Bent Creek...
- Helping Hands. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p84
Focuses on the role played by financial advisers in providing clients information on assisted living facilities. Economics of assisted living facilities; Concerns of clients regarding future living costs; Benefits and drawbacks to long-term care insurance policies.
- Assisted living meets managed care. Gold, Daniel // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p16
Details information on how managed care can help assisted living facilities in facing the healthcare needs of the senior population in the United States. Estimated number of Americans who received health care through manage care; Options of managed care companies; Factors that can be attributed...
- HOW TO HAVE THE HARD CONVERSATIONS. // Minnesota Monthly;Nov2016, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p96
The article reflects on how aging children discuss issues related to estate planning, assisted living, and other problems with their aging parents.
- Salt Lake City mansion to become new assisted living facility. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/14/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the plan of Sign of the Dove in 2005 to convert the Wolfe Mansion in Salt Lake City, Utah into an assisted living facility. Statement issued by Ellissa Sundstrom, manager of the company, regarding the plan; Rates per day in the facility.
- Assisted-living housing planned near Danbury Hospital. Rozycki, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the rehabilitation project at a former nursing home in Danbury, Connecticut. Transformation of the home into an assisted living center; Commitment of Allegiance Development Co. LLC to redevelopment; Benefits of the center for the community.
- A National Survey of Assisted Living Facilities. Hawes, Catherine; Phillips, Charles D.; Rose, Miriam; Holan, Scott; Sherman, Michael // Gerontologist;Dec2003, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p875
Purpose: Throughout the 1990s, assisted living was the most rapidly growing form of senior housing. The purpose of this paper is to describe the existing supply of assisted living facilities (ALFs) and examine the extent to which they matched the philosophy of assisted living. Design and...
- (Un)expected retirement and the consumption puzzle. Borella, Margherita; Coda Moscarola, Flavia; Rossi, Mariacristina // Empirical Economics;Sep2014, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p733
In this work we revisit the retirement consumption puzzle using Italian panel data. As emphasised in the literature, the observed consumption drop might be due to unexpected wealth shocks at retirement which modify optimal consumption plans. Using an Euler equation approach, we test the impact...
- Which Would You Choose: Funding Retirement or Paying Off Consumer Debt? Grayson, James M.; Basciano, Peter M.; Cain, Christopher L. // Management Accounting Quarterly;Fall2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
Paying off consumer debt and funding a retirement plan are high-priority goals, but individuals with binding budgetary constraints are unable to do both simultaneously. The preferred strategyâ€”to either focus on paying off the consumer debt or on funding retirementâ€”varies according...