Always a Crowd-Pleaser: Ice Cream Bars
- New dessert concept to open in Sandy on Aug. 10. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/7/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p5
The article announces the opening of Scoopology, a dessert eatery, in Sandy, Utah on August 10, 2006. Utah will be the first location for the dessert shop developed by founder Denise Hayman and her husband Robert. The eatery will offer homemade ice cream, cereal, cookie dough, Pop Tarts, Jell-O...
- Soft-serve cool. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p105
Offers tips to United States restaurants on soft serve, shake and frozen beverage servings during the summer season. Broad guidelines for frozen soft-serve products; Tips on deciding which types of equipment to buy.
- Ice-cream makers. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/10/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4399, p66
The article focuses on ice cream making and ice cream maker equipment. Equipment manufacturers have long recognized the demand for low-volume but high-quality ice-cream makers and produce machines for small restaurants as well as busy ice-cream parlors. The way an ice-cream maker works is very...
- Scream for coconut. Addison, Bill // Atlanta;Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p57
The article evaluates the nondairy ice cream, Bella CrÃ¨me.
- The Scoop on Frozen Desserts From Full-Fat to Fat-Free. Platzman, Andrea D. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p5
Presents a chart comparing the nutrition value of frozen desserts, such as ice cream, yogurt, sorbets and sherbets.
- Frozen desserts. Liebman, Bonnie; Hurley, Jayne // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p13
Evaluates the nutritional aspects of fat-free and low-fat frozen desserts available in the United States market. Fat content of low-fat ice cream; Calorie content of ice cream; Caffeine content of selected brands of ice cream or frozen yogurt; List of ice cream brands with corresponding...
- A Snowball's Chance. Strachan, Sue // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p90
Presents information on stores which offer snowballs and ice products in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Good humor. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;09/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p64
Reports on some innovative ice cream desserts. Espresso ice cream which forms an edible cup that sits on a chocolate cookie base; Ice cream and strawberry preserves which are encased in peanut butter chip cookies; Addition of white chocolate ice cream to green tea to achieve Asian flavor; Names...
- Ice-cream dreams. Longbotham, Lori // Redbook;Aug2003, Vol. 201 Issue 2, p178
Presents ice cream recipes.