Moving to center-of-plate
- Return for school dinners. // Management Today;May97, p16
Focuses on the advantages of having an on-site company canteen. Details on an anecdote featuring SmithKline Beecham; Views of John Whiting, a tax partner at Price Waterhouse, on the financial advantages of catering; Comments from Clare Merdith, a spokesperson for the Sainsbury company.
- A contrarian view. Anderson, Carl // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p42
Opinion. Focuses on Home-Meal Replacement (HMR) being the next home run in employee foodservice. How HMR is being viewed; What employee based HMR menus need to do to become successful.
- Corporate foodservices feel pinch of downsizing, SFM survey reveals. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p24
Reports on the results of a survey on corporate foodservice providers conducted by the Society for Foodservice Management in Louisville, Kentucky. Decrease in the employee customer base of respondents; Average participation rate at lunch; Increase in the number of cafeterias offering dinner for...
- Lunchtime is looking healthy. Singh, Sonoo; White, Amanda // Marketing Week;10/4/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p36
Presents the results of a survey on the lunchtime breaks of employees in Great Britain as of March 2001. Attitudes of the participants to taking lunches; Choices of the employees for a weekday lunchtime venue; Level of satisfaction with the food selections.
- Business & industry. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on the evolution of noncommercial foodservice in business and industry in the United States. Bowery Savings Bank as the first known provider of business-based employee foodservice; Expansion of the meals-at-work programs during World War I; Emergence of the foodservice management companies.
- Jackson VA Canteen selected as 2011 Canteen of the Year. // Jackson Advocate;6/7/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 34, p14A
The article focuses on the Patriot Canteen at the Gillespie V. Montgomery Veteran Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi, which has been selected as the 2011 Outstanding Canteen of the Year.
- At Mattel, even the food is fun. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p58
Focuses on the Menu By Design food service program offered by Mattel Inc.'s cafeteria. Features of the program; Benefits offered to foodservice managers; Description of the arrangement of the cafeteria; Sampling of dishes offered in the company's cafeteria.
- Creating the Italian scene. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p122
Reports on the popularity of Italian food in business and industrial feeding facilities in the United States. Italian dishes served at Erie Insurance Cafe; Ingredients for panini sandwiches promoted by Jennifer Bucci, general manager of Metz & Associates at Erie; Offerings of Pizza Villagio...
- Bringing the Chef Out Front. // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information on the G.U.E.S.T. program of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based not-for-profit healthcare company Highmark Inc. which offers simple techniques for everyday home cooking and provides chefs with the opportunity to foster direct communication with the guests.