- Adapting almost anything. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p92
Reports on the entree salads offered at some hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Salads offered by Morrison Healthcare Food Services at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, Illinois; Main course salad at New York Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, New York; Salad...
- Who made the salad? Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p144
Provides strategies to make certain upgraded salads instant add-on-sale. Proper salad combination; Constant development of a slew of different salads and dressings; Fresh ingredients; Value and elegance, without reverting to the tried-and-true; Sturdy greens; Special freezer to keep salad plates...
- SALAD FUSION. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the importance of entree salad in food service stations. Role of ethnic influence in entree salad recipe development; Preparations of the dressings; Price range of salads.
- Creative difference. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the creative approaches used by food service firms in creating salads. Alternative ingredients used in the chicken Caesar salad Eurest Centers for Excellence; Preparation for the Shaker Salad feature; Importance of protein in salads.
- Heart-healthy appeal. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p78
Reports on the salads offered at hospital food service. Control of salad dressing on the patient menu; Popularity of chicken Ceasar salad; Hospitals that offered sizzling salads.
- Salad days for takeouts. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;8/20/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p1
Reports that the tossed-to-order salad concept has emerged as the hottest segment of the restaurant sectors of New York City. Foodservice establishments that added tossed-to-order salads to their menu offerings; Price ranges for tossed-to-order salads in New York City.
- Make salads pay. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p113
Discusses the efforts of food service operators to create exciting salad menus. Growth of hot/cold salad entrees; School cafeterias' capitalization of the popularity of ethnic cuisines; University of California in San Diego's updating of its Distinctively Light salad take-out concept; GTech...
- Chicken Caesar's no. 1. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p114
Looks at the popularity of Caesar salads in office cafeterias. Demand for the Chicken Caesar Salad in several variations; Best selling Caesar salads at the Sprint and Global One headquarters in Reston, Virginia; Choices at the R.R. Donnelly & Sons building in Chicago, Illinois.
- ENTREE SALADS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p79
Deals with entree salads from U.S. food service businesses. Size of entree salads; Factor differentiating entree salads from ordinary side dishes; Location of salad bars.