New Restaurant Concepts & More Catering: Kennedy Space Center Steps Up Food Offering
- FLA'S CAPE KENNEDY: LACKMANN SERVING NASA SITE. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports that Lackmann Culinary Services took over the operation and management of the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Kennedy Space Center in Florida as of April 1, 2000. Concessions and food service offered by Lackmann; Terms of the agreement between NASA...
- The Kennedy Space Center's . // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/24/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p17
Reports the Kennedy Center's advanced space life support program is initiating a research project which will generate large quantities of specialized waste water that will then be used to grow wheat and potato plants. Objective of the project.
- NASA, USAF make changes. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/24/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p55
Informs that major management changes are underway, as of March 1997, at both the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Kennedy Space Center, and the US Air Force Cape Canaveral Air Station and Eastern Range. Maj. Gen. Roy D. Bridges, Jr. replacing Jay F. Honeycutt as...
- Huge building had own weather. // Current Science;10/21/94, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p3
Features the room of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Room's own weather; Floor area; Installation of ventilation system to prevent water vapor condensation; Opening of doors to improve air circulation; Use of the VAB for assembling space shuttles.
- Revised Kennedy processing facility supports scaled-down space station. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p46
Looks at the impact of the scaled-down space station on NASA's Space Station Processing Facility at Kennedy Space Center. The scope and focus of the processing facility are scaled down but the facility will contain millions of dollars worth of ground support equipment and test control and...
- NASA rebids contract for Kennedy operations. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/8/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p23
Says that NASA agreed to rebid a $190 million a year contract to run Kennedy Space Center to settle protests from three Lockheed competitors filed with the US General Service Administration's Board of Contract Appeals. The board rescinded Lockheed's four-year contract due to discrepancies in...
- Spaced-out summer. // National Geographic Traveler;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p18
Presents information on space attractions for the summer that are available at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. What is the space center's attraction for the 1997 summer; Further information on Florida's Kennedy Space Center given; What are the other space centers that you can visit during...
- SPACED OUT. TOLBERT, JOCELYN // Jacksonville Magazine;Aug2015, p24
A review is offered for the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) located in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Kennedy Space Center's latest mission: renovations. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p34
The article focuses on the renovation of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex by NASA and Delaware North Cos. It reports that the main attraction would be the first stage of the renovation, called the Shuttle Launch Experience, which includes a 44,000 square foot exhibit that simulates an...