As Part of F/S, New Mgmt. Program: Abbott Labs stresses health-ed
- Puducherry govt partners with Abbott. // BioSpectrum;May2013, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the three year partnership of the Government of Puducherry and Abbott Laboratories Inc. to improve awareness of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and also implement initiatives to fight them and record their prevalence in the union territory of Puducherry.
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT - Abbott Laboratories. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p19
The article presents the features of Phase III study of Abbott Laboratories Inc. It states that Abbott has introduced new data from a Phase III study, which manifests the investigation on hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (HC/APAP) in reducing pain among patients with back pain. Further,...
- Wellness plans follow workers abroad. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;10/29/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p4
The article reports that U.S.-based multinational employers are exporting wellness and health promotion programs to their operations in other countries. They include E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., Intel Corp. and Abbott Laboratories. Intel offers supplemental health benefits that include...
- CORPORATE. // MondayMorning;12/13/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p2
This section offers news briefs relating to the corporate healthcare industry. Sanofi has refused to meet Genzyme Corp.'s demands to raise its 18.5 billion dollar offer and to base the later payment on sales targets for the drug Campath. Abbott Laboratories Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG and...
- Abbott eyes boon from new arthritis drug. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p9
Reports the government approval of the rheumatoid arthritis drug D2E7, made by Abbott Laboratories in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the licensing application by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Projections on drug sales; Advertising on the effectiveness of the drug in treating the disease.
- Serious side effects force temafloxacin's pull from market. // RN;Aug92, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p83
Reports that Abbott Laboratories has voluntarily withdrawn the broad-spectrum quinolone temafloxacin (Omnifloz) from the market following reports of 50 serious adverse reactions. What the problems included; Most reactions were unexpected; What is listed on the package insert.
- 1% credit. Fleming Jr, Harris // Drug Topics;5/4/98, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p66
Reports that effective April 1, 1998 Abbott Laboratories Incorporated eliminated its return goods policy. Reaction of some pharmacists to this move; Contents of a letter from Abbott; Comments made by Abbot manager of trade relations Tip Parker; Reason for this move by Abbott Laboratories.
- Abbott Critical Care to bring warehouse functions in-house. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on Abbott Critical Care's plans to bring warehouse operations in-house with the construction of an addition to its facility in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Abbott GMP trouble spread to drug plant. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the manufacturing problems faced by drug company Abbott Laboratories in the Austin, Texas. Fines paid by the company following the Food and Drug Administration's inspection; Failure of the medical device facility to follow procedures; Validation needed for Abbott's automated equipments.